Yum Times Out - Redhat

This is a discussion on Yum Times Out - Redhat ; YUM times out using the official Fedora Core 4 Repos when I try to do an update. In FC3, this problem resolved when I defined local mirrors on my hard drive which pointed to the repos nearest to me in ...

  1. Yum Times Out

    YUM times out using the official Fedora Core 4 Repos when I try to do an
    update. In FC3, this problem resolved when I defined local mirrors on my
    hard drive which pointed to the repos nearest to me in Los Angeles. I tried
    this fix for FC4 - but no joy. What can I do?

    I'm really stumped and am on the verge of (reluctantly) going back to FC3?
    Any ideas at all as to workarounds would be appreciated!

    Thanks a lot.

    Trish

    P.S. I'm stuck on a 56K dial-up. &:-(

  2. Re: Yum Times Out

    see http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/

    HTH

    Trish wrote:

    > YUM times out using the official Fedora Core 4 Repos when I try to do an
    > update. In FC3, this problem resolved when I defined local mirrors on my
    > hard drive which pointed to the repos nearest to me in Los Angeles. I tried
    > this fix for FC4 - but no joy. What can I do?
    >
    > I'm really stumped and am on the verge of (reluctantly) going back to FC3?
    > Any ideas at all as to workarounds would be appreciated!
    >
    > Thanks a lot.
    >
    > Trish
    >
    > P.S. I'm stuck on a 56K dial-up. &:-(

+ Reply to Thread