I must have changed some setting getting FC4's sound to come on.

Now, when-ever I reboot or restart my laptop, the kmix window is open.
Kmix has also "muted' my sound. In order to bring sound back, I have
to uncheck "mute".

To add insult to injury (I feel), the Kmix window itself is missing
the menu bar with kmix options. The only bar is the one for the window
(move/resize/configure window behavior/etc). There's supposed to be
another menu bar that allows things like muting/unmuting, and a
particularly useful config option that restores options on login. That
menu bar is missing!?!

How do I (a) bring the menu bar back, and (b) stop the kmix window
from being open each time I log in?

Gwen