command-line copying of files to Windoze box - Redhat

This is a discussion on command-line copying of files to Windoze box - Redhat ; I have a desktop running win2k. I'd like to copy files from my FC4 laptop to a windows machine. Using the Konquerer browser isn't working. Konquerer crashes when I try to browse the e-book directory (I think this is because ...

  1. command-line copying of files to Windoze box

    I have a desktop running win2k. I'd like to copy files from my FC4
    laptop to a windows machine.

    Using the Konquerer browser isn't working. Konquerer crashes when I
    try to browse the e-book directory (I think this is because of the
    number of files in it). It's many gigs of ebook files, all in the same
    directory.

    I can't telnet or scp because those ports are blocked.

    Is there a way to copy files via SAMBA, on the command line? I think
    mv (or the like) would be able to handle the command, as it doesn't
    have to check the entire directory list before handling the files.

    Gwen

  2. Re: command-line copying of files to Windoze box

    On 2005-06-21, Gwen Morse wrote:

    > I have a desktop running win2k. I'd like to copy files from my FC4
    > laptop to a windows machine.
    >
    > Using the Konquerer browser isn't working. Konquerer crashes when I
    > try to browse the e-book directory (I think this is because of the
    > number of files in it). It's many gigs of ebook files, all in the same
    > directory.
    >
    > I can't telnet or scp because those ports are blocked.
    >
    > Is there a way to copy files via SAMBA, on the command line? I think
    > mv (or the like) would be able to handle the command, as it doesn't
    > have to check the entire directory list before handling the files.

    If you can mount the remote filesystem using samba, you can simply cp or
    mv them in the usual manner. Also check out "smbclient."

    --

    John (john@os2.dhs.org)

+ Reply to Thread