about the user disc access. - Redhat

This is a discussion on about the user disc access. - Redhat ; Hi! I have Fedora Core 4 (beta3) and i would like to read, write & delete files and folders on my fat partition (mounted in /mnt) under my user profile. How i can this permenantly ?? thank...

  1. about the user disc access.

    Hi!

    I have Fedora Core 4 (beta3) and i would like to read, write & delete
    files and folders on my fat partition (mounted in /mnt) under my user
    profile.

    How i can this permenantly ??

    thank

  2. Re: about the user disc access.

    On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 01:36:22 -0400, noigileron thoughtfully wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > I have Fedora Core 4 (beta3) and i would like to read, write & delete
    > files and folders on my fat partition (mounted in /mnt) under my user
    > profile.
    >
    > How i can this permenantly ??
    >
    > thank

    1) change owner or group
    $ chown you:you -R

    2) change permissions
    $ chmod go +rw -R /mnt/fat

  3. Re: about the user disc access.

    noi writes:

    > On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 01:36:22 -0400, noigileron thoughtfully wrote:
    >
    > > Hi!
    > >
    > > I have Fedora Core 4 (beta3) and i would like to read, write & delete
    > > files and folders on my fat partition (mounted in /mnt) under my user
    > > profile.
    > >
    > > How i can this permenantly ??
    > >
    > > thank

    > 1) change owner or group
    > $ chown you:you -R
    >
    > 2) change permissions
    > $ chmod go +rw -R /mnt/fat

    Hello,
    I am not so sure that this might help, better look at the mount
    options, especially the user and group switch.
    Alois

+ Reply to Thread