red-carpet - Redhat

This is a discussion on red-carpet - Redhat ; Hello, I have redhat 4.0 AS installed but instead of usinh up2date i'm testing red-carpet. However I cannot find any channel or service that had RH 4.0 AS packages. Do you know any? If red-carpet is not an option what ...

  1. red-carpet

    Hello,

    I have redhat 4.0 AS installed but instead of usinh up2date i'm testing

    red-carpet. However I cannot find any channel or service that had RH
    4.0 AS packages. Do you know any?

    If red-carpet is not an option what else could i use instead of up2date

    for my RH AS 4.0 installation?

    Thanks

  2. Re: red-carpet

    esieens@chez.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    >

    > I have redhat 4.0 AS installed but instead of usinh up2date i'm testing
    >
    > red-carpet. However I cannot find any channel or service that had RH
    > 4.0 AS packages. Do you know any?

    Well, of course Red Hat have a channel to support it, iff you are a
    purchaser of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 AS.

    > If red-carpet is not an option what else could i use instead of up2date
    >
    > for my RH AS 4.0 installation?

    Why not use up2date? It is part of the software you purchased and works
    perfectly well.

    > Thanks

    ^^-^^ 23:10:00 up 9 days, 5:46, 3 users, load average: 4.10, 4.19, 4.17

  3. Re: red-carpet

    It's just that i use red-carpet for all my linux machines so was hoping
    to be able to do the same with my RH 4.0 install.

  4. Re: red-carpet

    esieens@chez.com wrote:
    > It's just that i use red-carpet for all my linux machines so was hoping
    > to be able to do the same with my RH 4.0 install.

    I assume you mean RHEL 4 when you say RH 4.0. You might wish to be clear
    about this, since RHL 4.0 must be 10 years old by now.

    Since Red Hat use up2date for all their updates, it just makes sense to use
    it, since otherwise you risk problems they will not support you with. I
    thunk red-carpet was a Ximian thing.

    ^^-^^ 07:15:00 up 9 days, 13:51, 3 users, load average: 5.27, 5.31, 5.23

+ Reply to Thread