KPPP dail up - Redhat

This is a discussion on KPPP dail up - Redhat ; Can some one tell me how to make KPPP dial up tool not need the root password to use? I could use Network Device Control, but after the first try ( I have a bad dial up connection ) it ...

  1. KPPP dail up

    Can some one tell me how to make KPPP dial up tool not need the root
    password to use? I could use Network Device Control, but after the first
    try ( I have a bad dial up connection ) it requires a system restart.
    KPPP dial up, lets me redial and change dial up number, but I don't want
    " Keep Authorizing" to come up. My system is an Intel 815 mother board
    P-111 processor, 512 ram. Running Fedora Core 3. Any help would be
    appreciated.

    Jesse Benton

  2. Re: KPPP dail up

    "Jesse Benton" wrote in message
    > Can some one tell me how to make KPPP dial up tool not need the root
    > password to use? I could use Network Device Control, but after the first
    > try ( I have a bad dial up connection ) it requires a system restart.
    > KPPP dial up, lets me redial and change dial up number, but I don't want
    > " Keep Authorizing" to come up. My system is an Intel 815 mother board
    > P-111 processor, 512 ram. Running Fedora Core 3. Any help would be
    > appreciated.

    Check out this KPPP configuration set-up that I wrote a few months ago for
    FC3 and Gnome.

    I mainly wrote it so that I have a permanent record of how to do it.

    The part about giving dial-up authorisation access to a normal user is in
    Part B at the bottom of the page.

    http://203.59.24.225/~steveray/linux/kpppconfig.txt

    --
    Sandgroper
    ----------------------------------

  3. Re: KPPP dail up

    > Check out this KPPP configuration set-up that I wrote a few months ago for
    > FC3 and Gnome.
    >
    > I mainly wrote it so that I have a permanent record of how to do it.
    >
    > The part about giving dial-up authorisation access to a normal user is in
    > Part B at the bottom of the page.
    >
    > http://203.59.24.225/~steveray/linuxpppconfig.txt

    There are a few typos in Part B where you wanted to say "/usr/bin" but
    actually spelled it "/user/bin"

  4. Re: KPPP dail up

    "Ed Zeppelin" wrote in message

    > > http://203.59.24.225/~steveray/linuxpppconfig.txt

    > There are a few typos in Part B where you wanted to say "/usr/bin" but
    > actually spelled it "/user/bin"

    Thanks for letting me know , I will fix them.

    --
    Sandgroper
    Remove KNICKERS to Email
    steveray@KNICKERSiinet.net.au