FC3 problems: 1) No STDOUT for scripts 2) k3b - Redhat

This is a discussion on FC3 problems: 1) No STDOUT for scripts 2) k3b - Redhat ; When I execute a custom script from command-line on my FC3 - bash or any other - there is no output to the screen. I have a feeling this is totally trivial, but i've never had to configure STDOUT in ...

  1. FC3 problems: 1) No STDOUT for scripts 2) k3b

    When I execute a custom script from command-line on my FC3 - bash or
    any other - there is no output to the screen. I have a feeling this is
    totally trivial, but i've never had to configure STDOUT in any previous
    RedHat version - it always defaulted to the screen for command-line
    script execution - so i am entirely clueless. No mention of this in
    groups. Any hints?

    The second thing isn't necessarily distribution-specific: my K3B seems
    flaky. I tried to generate a 4.7GB DVD iso file (backing up data files,
    over samba), and several attempts failed, at different stages of the
    process (at 4.3GB, at 1MG, etc.), with an error. Anyone having similar
    problems, and how to solve them? (Can't be a buffer underrun can it? -
    i'm not writing to some buffer-sensitive device -- just to my
    harddrive. Weak hardware? (this is on an old PII-450, 256MB Ram)).

    TIA

    Andrew

  2. Re: FC3 problems: 1) No STDOUT for scripts 2) k3b

    seawolf@scssi.org wrote:

    > When I execute a custom script from command-line on my FC3 - bash or
    > any other - there is no output to the screen. I have a feeling this
    > is totally trivial, but i've never had to configure STDOUT in any
    > previous RedHat version - it always defaulted to the screen for
    > command-line script execution - so i am entirely clueless. No mention
    > of this in groups. Any hints?

    Sorry can't help you here.

    > The second thing isn't necessarily distribution-specific: my K3B seems
    > flaky. I tried to generate a 4.7GB DVD iso file (backing up data
    > files, over samba), and several attempts failed, at different stages
    > of the
    > process (at 4.3GB, at 1MG, etc.), with an error. Anyone having
    > similar
    > problems, and how to solve them?

    From; http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/

    "And once again, do keep in mind that 4.7GB are salesman's GB, i.e.
    1000^3 and not 1024^3. If translated to "real" GB, DVD±R[W] capacity is
    not larger than 4.4GB!"