Hi to all gurus,

We have a redhat linux system attached to EVA5000,
Recentely after running the e2fsck -c -c command on one of our file
system we found that there are 3 bad blocks, The storage reported that
there is a medium coruption. we changed the respective harddisk, but
the file system is still showing the bad blocks, the storage team says
that there are no harddisk errors on the EVA5000 now.

We tried to clear the bad block list by giving the following command.
and rerun the e2fsck, the output of both the command are attached
below,

we would like to know if there is any way to know the bad block number.
so that we can run "dd" command on it to test if the physical bad block
still exists.

Execution 1 :

[root@online root]# e2fsck -v -L /root/dummy /dev/sdb1
e2fsck 1.26 (3-Feb-2002)
Pass 2: Checking directory structure
Pass 3: Checking directory connectivity
Pass 4: Checking reference counts
Pass 5: Checking group summary information
/dev/sdb1: ***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
14 inodes used (0%)
0 non-contiguous inodes (0.0%)
# of inodes with ind/dind/tind blocks: 0/0/0
48447 blocks used (1%)
0 bad blocks
0 large files
0 regular files
5 directories
0 character device files
0 block device files
0 fifos
0 links
0 symbolic links (0 fast symbolic links)
0 sockets
--------
5 files

Note : /root/dummy is a blank file of zero bytes

Execution 2 :

[root@online root]# e2fsck -v -c -c /dev/sdb1
e2fsck 1.26 (3-Feb-2002)
Checking for bad blocks (non-destructive read-write test): done
Pass 2: Checking directory structure
Pass 3: Checking directory connectivity
Pass 4: Checking reference counts
Pass 5: Checking group summary information
/dev/sdb1: ***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
14 inodes used (0%)
0 non-contiguous inodes (0.0%)
# of inodes with ind/dind/tind blocks: 0/0/0
48450 blocks used (1%)
3 bad blocks
0 large files
0 regular files
5 directories
0 character device files
0 block device files
0 fifos
0 links
0 symbolic links (0 fast symbolic links)
0 sockets
--------
5 files

Request all to help.