crazy mouse on fedora3 - Redhat

This is a discussion on crazy mouse on fedora3 - Redhat ; Hi all, my fedora3 PC works fine, but i have some mouse troubles the mouse is properly configured and working, but after a while (when i'm not at pc) it becomes crazy ... so when i try to use the ...

  1. crazy mouse on fedora3

    Hi all,

    my fedora3 PC works fine, but i have some mouse troubles

    the mouse is properly configured and working, but after a while (when
    i'm not at pc) it becomes crazy ... so when i try to use the pc i see an
    erratic arrow movement, there are some clicks but i don't click anything
    and so on ....

    seems as a wrong driver reload after a stand-by or similar

    any hints?

    i had the same problem with fedora2, but, as workaround, leaving X then
    re-logging in solved the issue

    under fedora3 this workaround doesn't work, i must restart the pc ...

    thanks

    luh

    --

    Satellite Computer HW&SW Multimedia Audio Video Foto Ottica

    http://www.drl.it - http://www.derosaluciano.it

    Leggi le FAQ di IHSatD: http://ihsatd.cjb.net
    Togli _NOSPAM_ per rispondere in privato

  2. Re: crazy mouse on fedora3

    On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 12:42:15 +0000, luh wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > my fedora3 PC works fine, but i have some mouse troubles
    >
    > the mouse is properly configured and working, but after a while (when
    > i'm not at pc) it becomes crazy ... so when i try to use the pc i see an
    > erratic arrow movement, there are some clicks but i don't click anything
    > and so on ....
    >
    > seems as a wrong driver reload after a stand-by or similar
    >
    > any hints?
    >
    > i had the same problem with fedora2, but, as workaround, leaving X then
    > re-logging in solved the issue
    >
    > under fedora3 this workaround doesn't work, i must restart the pc ...
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > luh

    The only mouse problems I've ever had with FC1, FC2, or FC3 was with my
    optical mouse getting out of calibration/alignment. For example putting
    the mouse arrow over the [X] close window button, however when clicked, it
    would click the window [_] minimize button instead).

    This out of alignment issue seams to happen most often when the screen
    resolution changes at login/logout of a user. (Could this be the cause,
    I don't know...)

    I could not find a definitive fix to the issue. I did however notice
    that if I moved the mouse to the most extreme edges of the screen (left,
    then right, then top & then bottom) [having the mouse go as far to edge of
    the screen as it can], it seamed to force the system to realign where the
    mouse actually points to where the mouse arrow icon is actually placed on
    the screen (such as placed over a specific button).

    This out of alignment situation only happens once in a while, so I never
    really give it much thought or attention. No matter which GUI I'm in
    (GUI login screen, KDE, Gnome) doing the extreme edge thing above seams to
    fix the issue. Hope this helps a little...

  3. Re: crazy mouse on fedora3

    On Sat, 2005-04-23 at 10:10 -0400, James T wrote:
    > On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 12:42:15 +0000, luh wrote:
    >
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > my fedora3 PC works fine, but i have some mouse troubles
    > >
    > > the mouse is properly configured and working, but after a while (when
    > > i'm not at pc) it becomes crazy ... so when i try to use the pc i see an
    > > erratic arrow movement, there are some clicks but i don't click anything
    > > and so on ....
    > >
    > > seems as a wrong driver reload after a stand-by or similar
    > >
    > > any hints?
    > >
    > > i had the same problem with fedora2, but, as workaround, leaving X then
    > > re-logging in solved the issue
    > >
    > > under fedora3 this workaround doesn't work, i must restart the pc ...
    > >
    > > thanks
    > >
    > > luh

    > The only mouse problems I've ever had with FC1, FC2, or FC3 was with my
    > optical mouse getting out of calibration/alignment. For example putting
    > the mouse arrow over the [X] close window button, however when clicked, it
    > would click the window [_] minimize button instead).
    >
    > This out of alignment issue seams to happen most often when the screen
    > resolution changes at login/logout of a user. (Could this be the cause,
    > I don't know...)
    >
    > I could not find a definitive fix to the issue. I did however notice
    > that if I moved the mouse to the most extreme edges of the screen (left,
    > then right, then top & then bottom) [having the mouse go as far to edge of
    > the screen as it can], it seamed to force the system to realign where the
    > mouse actually points to where the mouse arrow icon is actually placed on
    > the screen (such as placed over a specific button).
    >
    > This out of alignment situation only happens once in a while, so I never
    > really give it much thought or attention. No matter which GUI I'm in
    > (GUI login screen, KDE, Gnome) doing the extreme edge thing above seams to
    > fix the issue. Hope this helps a little...

    I've just come across something similar. I run Fedora 3 and all has been
    fine for months. Today the mouse pointer started to make little erratic
    movements, left and right, gradually drifting to the left edge of the
    screen. In fact, it has just started up again as I type this. The mouse
    does work but it is hard to use because the mouse pointer won't stay
    put. There was hard drive activity at the same time. Both have now
    stopped again. Keyboard works normally.

    There are Windows viruses which do this sort of thing. Has anyone else
    come across a Linux version? Any suggestions what to do about it? (FWIW,
    it's now started playing up again.)

  4. Re: crazy mouse on fedora3

    On Sat, 2005-05-14 at 18:19 +0100, James Bridge wrote:
    > On Sat, 2005-04-23 at 10:10 -0400, James T wrote:
    > > On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 12:42:15 +0000, luh wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi all,
    > > >
    > > > my fedora3 PC works fine, but i have some mouse troubles

    > I've just come across something similar. I run Fedora 3 and all has been
    > fine for months. Today the mouse pointer started to make little erratic
    > movements, left and right, gradually drifting to the left edge of the
    > screen. In fact, it has just started up again as I type this. The mouse
    > does work but it is hard to use because the mouse pointer won't stay
    > put. There was hard drive activity at the same time. Both have now
    > stopped again. Keyboard works normally.
    >
    > There are Windows viruses which do this sort of thing. Has anyone else
    > come across a Linux version? Any suggestions what to do about it? (FWIW,
    > it's now started playing up again.)

    Turned out to be dust in the optical mouse...

+ Reply to Thread