Fedora Core 3, Sony Vaio X505 and Wi-Fi - Redhat

This is a discussion on Fedora Core 3, Sony Vaio X505 and Wi-Fi - Redhat ; I'm an absolute beginner in Linux world, but I would like to abandon XP... As I said in the Subject I'm running FC3 on a Sony Vaio X505 notebook, bundled with a PCMCIA wi-fi card. My problem is that I ...

  1. Fedora Core 3, Sony Vaio X505 and Wi-Fi

    I'm an absolute beginner in Linux world, but I would like to abandon XP...
    As I said in the Subject I'm running FC3 on a Sony Vaio X505 notebook,
    bundled with a PCMCIA wi-fi card.
    My problem is that I can't "install" a profile for LAN device in my
    Network manager in order to run my bundled wi-fi card (this means: I
    can't find my device in device list...).
    In particular I'm concerned with this problem because I use my Vaio at
    work (using a cable LAN, wih determined IP etc.) and at home (with
    dynamic IP etc.).
    Can anyone drive me through a corect setup, please?
    Thanks

  2. Re: Fedora Core 3, Sony Vaio X505 and Wi-Fi

    Leo wrote:

    > I'm an absolute beginner in Linux world, but I would like to abandon
    > XP... As I said in the Subject I'm running FC3 on a Sony Vaio X505
    > notebook, bundled with a PCMCIA wi-fi card.
    > My problem is that I can't "install" a profile for LAN device in my
    > Network manager in order to run my bundled wi-fi card (this means: I
    > can't find my device in device list...).
    > In particular I'm concerned with this problem because I use my Vaio at
    > work (using a cable LAN, wih determined IP etc.) and at home (with
    > dynamic IP etc.).
    > Can anyone drive me through a corect setup, please?
    > Thanks

    Visit; http://atrpms.net/dist/fc3/

    Download/install both packages;

    ipw2200-0.19-19.rhfc3.at.i386.rpm