window decorations - Redhat

This is a discussion on window decorations - Redhat ; Hi all I am using a Fedora Linux distribution with GNOME 2.4.0 Desktop. I want to remove "decorations" from windows and in particular I want to remove the "close button" that is the little box on the right top of ...

  1. window decorations

    Hi all
    I am using a Fedora Linux distribution with GNOME 2.4.0 Desktop.

    I want to remove "decorations" from windows and in particular
    I want to remove the "close button" that is the little box on
    the right top of the window with the X that is used to close
    the window.

    With KDE is very simple, but I have to use GNOME ....

    thanks for any help
    Andrea

    --

    questo articolo e` stato inviato via web dal servizio gratuito
    http://www.newsland.it/news segnala gli abusi ad abuse@newsland.it

  2. Re: window decorations

    On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 15:01:57 +0200, andrea_b_ven wrote:

    > Hi all
    > I am using a Fedora Linux distribution with GNOME 2.4.0 Desktop.
    >
    > I want to remove "decorations" from windows and in particular
    > I want to remove the "close button" that is the little box on
    > the right top of the window with the X that is used to close
    > the window.
    >
    > With KDE is very simple, but I have to use GNOME ....

    You can edit this by using the gconf-editor which allows you direct access
    to a lot of the various properties for gnome applications. Specficially
    you want to edit the /apps/metacity/general/button_layout key.

    Chris

+ Reply to Thread