RH8 -> Fedora 3 - Redhat

This is a discussion on RH8 -> Fedora 3 - Redhat ; Hi, Will it be possible to upgrade directly from RH8 to Fedora 3, or will I need to install RH9 first? / JA...

  1. RH8 -> Fedora 3

    Hi,

    Will it be possible to upgrade directly from RH8 to Fedora 3, or will
    I need to install RH9 first?

    / JA

  2. Re: RH8 -> Fedora 3

    On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 03:28:16 -0700, Jonas Andersson wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Will it be possible to upgrade directly from RH8 to Fedora 3, or will I
    > need to install RH9 first?

    You should make a backup of everything importance - bookmarks, data files,
    email, configuration settings and etc., then install Fedora Core 3 when it
    is released as a fresh clean install. No need to install RHL9 first.

    --
    Hi! I'm a .sig virus! Please copy me to your .sig! so I can spread
    This E-mail is safe, no Microsoft products were used in creating me!

  3. Re: RH8 -> Fedora 3

    Jonas Andersson wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Will it be possible to upgrade directly from RH8 to Fedora 3, or will
    > I need to install RH9 first?

    Define "upgrade". How about the idea of backing up all your important data
    and performing a frech installation? Upgrades are almost always more
    problematical than full installs.

    --
    Paul Lutus
    http://www.arachnoid.com