file for modules ? - Redhat

This is a discussion on file for modules ? - Redhat ; Hello How can i change module for my network card loaded by the boot time ? Where can i change modules loaded by the boot time ? Thanx Michal...

  1. file for modules ?

    Hello
    How can i change module for my network card loaded by the boot time ?
    Where can i change modules loaded by the boot time ?

    Thanx
    Michal

  2. Re: file for modules ?

    vertigo wrote:

    > Hello
    > How can i change module for my network card loaded by the boot time ?
    > Where can i change modules loaded by the boot time ?

    That depends on your distribution, which you do not identify. But making
    some default assumptions:

    /etc/modprobe.conf

    --
    Paul Lutus
    http://www.arachnoid.com

  3. Re: file for modules ?

    > /etc/modprobe.conf

    I have Fedora 2.
    In that file i have only 3 modules, while lsmod shows about 20 modules,
    where is the rest ?

    Thanx
    Michal

  4. Re: file for modules ?

    vertigo wrote:

    >> /etc/modprobe.conf
    >>

    > I have Fedora 2.
    > In that file i have only 3 modules, while lsmod shows about 20 modules,
    > where is the rest ?

    Does my reply answer your original question? Some modules are loaded by the
    kernel itself.

    --
    Paul Lutus
    http://www.arachnoid.com