vt100 terminal in Fedora - Redhat

This is a discussion on vt100 terminal in Fedora - Redhat ; Hello Is there any vt100 terminal in Fedora2 (in X) ? I would like to use keys F1-F8 in midnight commander. (in text mode it's by default and works fine) Thanx Michal...

  1. vt100 terminal in Fedora

    Hello
    Is there any vt100 terminal in Fedora2 (in X) ?
    I would like to use keys F1-F8 in midnight commander.

    (in text mode it's by default and works fine)

    Thanx
    Michal

  2. Re: vt100 terminal in Fedora

    On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 13:04:16 +0200, vertigo wrote:

    > Hello
    > Is there any vt100 terminal in Fedora2 (in X) ? I would like to use keys
    > F1-F8 in midnight commander.
    >
    > (in text mode it's by default and works fine)

    Try using a different X terminal, you should have at least two;

    With KDE's Konsole or xterm the installed mc-4.6.0-17.fc2.i386.rpm works
    just fine.

    KDE is 3.3 on my system ( http://www.kde.org/download/ ) and
    xterm-179-6.EL.i386.rpm is installed.

    --
    Hi! I'm a .sig virus! Please copy me to your .sig! so I can spread
    This E-mail is safe, no Microsoft products were used in creating me!

  3. Re: vt100 terminal in Fedora

    On 2004-10-01, vertigo wrote:

    > Is there any vt100 terminal in Fedora2 (in X) ?
    > I would like to use keys F1-F8 in midnight commander.

    Use xterm instead of gnome-terminal. You can create a launcher for
    Midnight Commander quite easily. I use:

    xterm -title "Midnight Commander" +sb -fn 10x20 -e mc

    --

    -John (john@os2.dhs.org)

  4. Re: vt100 terminal in Fedora

    PG_UP and PG_DOWN keys does not work in xterm.
    What can i do with it ?

    Thanx
    Michal

  5. Re: vt100 terminal in Fedora

    On 2004-10-02, vertigo wrote:

    > PG_UP and PG_DOWN keys does not work in xterm.
    > What can i do with it ?

    Here, PG_UP takes me to the beginning of the bash history; PG_DOWN takes
    me to the end. If I want to scroll the display, I use SHIFT-PG_UP and
    SHIFT-PG_DOWN.

    Does that help?

    --

    -John (john@os2.dhs.org)

  6. Re: vt100 terminal in Fedora

    > Here, PG_UP takes me to the beginning of the bash history; PG_DOWN takes
    > me to the end. If I want to scroll the display, I use SHIFT-PG_UP and
    > SHIFT-PG_DOWN.

    In my xterm PG_UP/PG_DOWN does exactly the same as SHIFT-PG_UP/PG_DOWN:
    they scroll the display. How can i force xterm to process pressed
    PG_UP/PG_DOWN like in normal console ?
    (i am testing my application written in ncurses and these keys are
    essencial to me)

    Thanx
    Michal

+ Reply to Thread