Anyone Ported Cisco Discovery Protocol? (CDP) - Redhat

This is a discussion on Anyone Ported Cisco Discovery Protocol? (CDP) - Redhat ; Hi, Has anyone ported CDP to Linux? I'd like to get it rather than having to write it myself. Thanks, -Tennis -- Remove "-remove-to-reply" to respond to my email address directly....

  1. Anyone Ported Cisco Discovery Protocol? (CDP)

    --
    Remove "-remove-to-reply" to respond to my email address directly.

  2. Re: Anyone Ported Cisco Discovery Protocol? (CDP)

    On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Tennis Smith wrote:

    > Hi,
    >

    > Has anyone ported CDP to Linux? I'd like to get it rather than having to
    >
    > write it myself.

    Google is your friend. http://www.monkeymental.com/nuke/index.php

  3. Re: Anyone Ported Cisco Discovery Protocol? (CDP)

    Thanks! I did Google, but didn't find this.

    -T
    "P. Thompson" wrote in message
    news:Pine.LNX.4.58.0407191059490.1028@localhost.lo caldomain...

    > On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Tennis Smith wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >

    > > Has anyone ported CDP to Linux? I'd like to get it rather than having to
    > >
    > > write it myself.

    > Google is your friend. http://www.monkeymental.com/nuke/index.php

  4. Re: Anyone Ported Cisco Discovery Protocol? (CDP)

    Tennis Smith wrote:

    > Thanks! I did Google, but didn't find this.
    >
    > -T
    > "P. Thompson" wrote in message
    > news:Pine.LNX.4.58.0407191059490.1028@localhost.lo caldomain...
    >

    >>On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Tennis Smith wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hi,
    >>>

    >>>Has anyone ported CDP to Linux? I'd like to get it rather than having to
    >>>
    >>>write it myself.

    >>Google is your friend. http://www.monkeymental.com/nuke/index.php

    Interesting..

    adlists@interosys.com.au

    Thanks!

  5. Re: Anyone Ported Cisco Discovery Protocol? (CDP)

    Why would you want CDP? In reality, having CDP advertising on the
    host ports is a security issue as it advertises switch information
    that should be protected.

    True story: I took a Redhat RHCE training class and they were having
    problems with the clients not getting dhcp reservations. I fired up
    ethereal on my workstation and saw they had not disabled CDP on the
    host ports. By looknig at those packets, I saw they had not set
    "spanning-tree portfast" which was causing the dhcp problems. Then I
    politely told them the version of IOS the switch was very outdated and
    vulnerable to a few different attacks. They were a bit chagrined
    since it was a linux security class. :}

    -Chris

    On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:00:09 -0500, "P. Thompson"
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Tennis Smith wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>

    >> Has anyone ported CDP to Linux? I'd like to get it rather than having to
    >>
    >> write it myself.

    >Google is your friend. http://www.monkeymental.com/nuke/index.php

+ Reply to Thread