is there a sticky note application in Red Hat Linux? - Redhat

This is a discussion on is there a sticky note application in Red Hat Linux? - Redhat ; Hi folks, I am really new to Linux. Basically, I was using windows all the time, just a few days ago, somebody else grabbed my PC, so I have to use Linux. I am looking for an application similar to ...

  1. is there a sticky note application in Red Hat Linux?

    Hi folks,

    I am really new to Linux. Basically, I was using windows all the time, just
    a few days ago, somebody else grabbed my PC, so I have to use Linux.

    I am looking for an application similar to Microsoft Onenote, or something
    like 3M stick-it note-pad. I can post some memo and to-do-list onto the
    desktop...

    Any such program in Linux?

    Thanks a lot,

    -Gino

  2. Re: is there a sticky note application in Red Hat Linux?

    gino wrote:

    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I am really new to Linux. Basically, I was using windows all the time, just
    > a few days ago, somebody else grabbed my PC, so I have to use Linux.
    >
    > I am looking for an application similar to Microsoft Onenote, or something
    > like 3M stick-it note-pad. I can post some memo and to-do-list onto the
    > desktop...
    >
    > Any such program in Linux?
    >
    > Thanks a lot,
    >
    > -Gino

    If I'm not mistaken, there's a generic X11 app called xsticky or
    something like that. I've been off of Linux for a while (hardware issues
    that I figured out how to fix a few days ago [now I need a new HD]), so
    I'm really not 100% certain. I could be wrong. I don't know >_<

    --
    Keith Gable
    Lead Programmer of the Ignition Project

  3. Re: is there a sticky note application in Red Hat Linux?

  4. Re: is there a sticky note application in Red Hat Linux?

    On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 00:06:30 -0700, gino wrote:

    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I am really new to Linux. Basically, I was using windows all the time, just
    > a few days ago, somebody else grabbed my PC, so I have to use Linux.
    >
    > I am looking for an application similar to Microsoft Onenote, or something
    > like 3M stick-it note-pad. I can post some memo and to-do-list onto the
    > desktop...
    >
    > Any such program in Linux?

    There is atleast on fedora, right click panel, Accessories->Sticky Notes
    , make sure you have gnome-applets installed. (for KDE I don't know)

  5. Re: is there a sticky note application in Red Hat Linux?

    On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 07:41:36 +0000, Keith Gable wrote:

    >> I am looking for an application similar to Microsoft Onenote, or something
    >> like 3M stick-it note-pad. I can post some memo and to-do-list onto the
    >> desktop...

    > If I'm not mistaken, there's a generic X11 app called xsticky or
    > something like that.

    xpostit+

  6. Re: is there a sticky note application in Red Hat Linux?

  7. Re: is there a sticky note application in Red Hat Linux?

    "Tommy Reynolds" wrote in message
    newsan.2004.07.15.12.05.16.782646@yahoo.com...
    > On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 07:41:36 +0000, Keith Gable wrote:
    >
    > >> I am looking for an application similar to Microsoft Onenote, or

    something
    > >> like 3M stick-it note-pad. I can post some memo and to-do-list onto the
    > >> desktop...

    > > If I'm not mistaken, there's a generic X11 app called xsticky or
    > > something like that.

    > xpostit+

    Is this an executalbe application name? I typed it and hit return, it says
    bad command and cannot find...

    thanks a lot,

    -Gino

  8. Re: is there a sticky note application in Red Hat Linux?

    "Mark Allen Adams, Jr." wrote in message
    newsLrJc.65352$6e7.11369@nwrddc03.gnilink.net...

    Can I use these KDE stuff from my GNOME session? I guess I am using GNOME...

    Thank you,

    -Gino

  9. Re: is there a sticky note application in Red Hat Linux?

    "Nils O. Selåsdal" wrote in message
    newsan.2004.07.15.10.58.26.179024@Utel.no...
    > On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 00:06:30 -0700, gino wrote:
    >
    > > Hi folks,
    > >
    > > I am really new to Linux. Basically, I was using windows all the time,

    just
    > > a few days ago, somebody else grabbed my PC, so I have to use Linux.
    > >
    > > I am looking for an application similar to Microsoft Onenote, or

    something
    > > like 3M stick-it note-pad. I can post some memo and to-do-list onto the
    > > desktop...
    > >
    > > Any such program in Linux?

    > There is atleast on fedora, right click panel, Accessories->Sticky Notes
    > , make sure you have gnome-applets installed. (for KDE I don't know)

    Oh, I am using Redhat 9.0 thank you any way...

  10. Re: is there a sticky note application in Red Hat Linux?

    "gino" writes:

    >"Tommy Reynolds" wrote in message
    >newsan.2004.07.15.12.05.16.782646@yahoo.com...

    >something
    >> > If I'm not mistaken, there's a generic X11 app called xsticky or
    >> > something like that.

    >> xpostit+
    >>

    >Is this an executalbe application name? I typed it and hit return, it says
    >bad command and cannot find...

    Gino,

    Please learn to use google.

+ Reply to Thread