    Micro$oft products and has Sun's Java on his system."

    The script works fine with Mozilla under Red Hat, so I'm curious.

  2. Re: Java under Red Hat

    On 2004-07-13, Frank wrote:

    > Whose version of Jva is used with a Red Hat Linux installation?
    >
    > I maintain a web site using a Java countdown script and have
    > encountered a user who cannot see the script because he "won't use
    > Micro$oft products and has Sun's Java on his system."
    >
    > The script works fine with Mozilla under Red Hat, so I'm curious.

    AFAIK, RedHat doesn't include Java so it would be whatever version the
    user downloaded. I've used IBM's Java, Sun's Java and Blackdown Java at
    various times.

    --

    -John (john@os2.dhs.org)

  3. Re: Java under Red Hat

    On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:18:49 -0500, John Thompson wrote:

    > On 2004-07-13, Frank wrote:
    >
    >> Whose version of Jva is used with a Red Hat Linux installation?
    >>
    >> I maintain a web site using a Java countdown script and have
    >> encountered a user who cannot see the script because he "won't use
    >> Micro$oft products and has Sun's Java on his system."

    Isn't that a codeing problem? Using MS proprietary calls?

    >> The script works fine with Mozilla under Red Hat, so I'm curious.

    > AFAIK, RedHat doesn't include Java so it would be whatever version the
    > user downloaded. I've used IBM's Java, Sun's Java and Blackdown Java at
    > various times.

    yum install j2re

    or

    up2date -i j2re
    (check to see if that's the correct flag for install. I don't use up2date
    anymore.)

    --
    i.m.