How do I run a .sh file - Redhat

This is a discussion on How do I run a .sh file - Redhat ; It's been a long time since I used Linux and I am a little rusty. Can someone remind me how to run a .sh file? I am running RH 9.0. Thanks for your help. Lamar...

  1. How do I run a .sh file

    It's been a long time since I used Linux and I am a little rusty. Can
    someone remind me how to run a .sh file? I am running RH 9.0.

    Thanks for your help.

    Lamar

  2. Re: How do I run a .sh file

    On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:22:31 -0700, Lamar Thomas wrote:
    > It's been a long time since I used Linux and I am a little rusty. Can
    > someone remind me how to run a .sh file? I am running RH 9.0.

    Usual ways of running a program, depending on what it does
    /full/path/filename.here
    ../filename.here
    sh filename.here
    .. ./filename.here
    source ./filename.here

  3. Re: How do I run a .sh file

    Thanks Bit, that worked.

    Lamar

    "Bit Twister" wrote in message
    > On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:22:31 -0700, Lamar Thomas wrote:
    > > It's been a long time since I used Linux and I am a little rusty. Can
    > > someone remind me how to run a .sh file? I am running RH 9.0.

    > Usual ways of running a program, depending on what it does
    > /full/path/filename.here
    > ./filename.here
    > sh filename.here
    > . ./filename.here
    > source ./filename.here

  4. Re: How do I run a .sh file

    On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:22:31 -0700, Lamar Thomas wrote:

    > It's been a long time since I used Linux and I am a little rusty. Can
    > someone remind me how to run a .sh file? I am running RH 9.0.

    Two easy ways: "sh foo.sh" or:

    $ chmod +x foo.sh
    $ ./foo.sh

    Bob's your uncle.