is there any remote desktop client in Linux? - Redhat

This is a discussion on is there any remote desktop client in Linux? - Redhat ; Hi all, I am trying to use a remote desktop client in Fedora 2 linux to connect back to my home PC which is Windows XP. is there such a client existing? thanks a lot, -Gino...

  1. is there any remote desktop client in Linux?

    Hi all,

    I am trying to use a remote desktop client in Fedora 2 linux to connect back
    to my home PC which is Windows XP. is there such a client existing?

    thanks a lot,

    -Gino

  2. Re: is there any remote desktop client in Linux?

    On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 18:09:28 -0700, gino wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am trying to use a remote desktop client in Fedora 2 linux to connect back
    > to my home PC which is Windows XP. is there such a client existing?
    >
    > thanks a lot,
    >
    > -Gino

    vnc

    --
    Chaos, panic & disorder - my work here is done

    http://beginnerslinux.org
    http://repo.mine.nu

  3. Re: is there any remote desktop client in Linux?

    On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 18:09:28 -0700, gino wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am trying to use a remote desktop client in Fedora 2 linux to connect back
    > to my home PC which is Windows XP. is there such a client existing?

    You can use vnc. Some people have also had success using XDMCP through
    Cygwin on the Windows end.
    XDMCP would certainly give you the best performance and you don't need to
    leave a logged in desktop running as you would need to on a vnc server

    --
    Jafar Calley
    Registered Linux User #359623

  4. Re: is there any remote desktop client in Linux?

    gino wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am trying to use a remote desktop client in Fedora 2 linux to connect
    > back to my home PC which is Windows XP. is there such a client existing?
    >
    > thanks a lot,
    >
    > -Gino

    What also works is ssh.

    That is not a really remote desktop but you can execute all what you want
    normall from shell ( including graphical programs ).

    --
    Dirk Wendland
    working on : develop a tool for c++ | html | java | php

  5. Re: is there any remote desktop client in Linux?

    gino wrote:
    > Hi all,

    > I am trying to use a remote desktop client in Fedora 2 linux to connect back
    > to my home PC which is Windows XP. is there such a client existing?

    rdesktop for win terminal serwer, vnc, citrix ica client for example

    br

    mazek

    --
    http://mazek.netsync.pl/ ::: nic-hdl: MM3380-RIPE
    GnuPG 6687 E661 98B0 AEE6 DA8B 7F48 AEE4 776F 5688 DC89

+ Reply to Thread