    Which partitions should I image?

    Farouk Dindar

  2. Re: Image partitions

    On 2004-07-06, Farouk Dindar wrote:

    > I am using Acronis True Image to Image my windows partition
    >
    > I can image the Linux partitions from win2k and Acronis true image.
    >
    > There are 3 partitions on my Linux installation (fedora 2)
    >
    > Which partitions should I image?

    It's hard to tell without knowing what's on each partition.

    --

    -John (john@os2.dhs.org)

  3. Re: Image partitions

    >> Which partitions should I image?

    > It's hard to tell without knowing what's on each partition.

    The 3 partitions are

    Boot
    swap
    home

    These were created by Mandrake which was replaced by Fedora.

    Thanks

    Farouk Dindar

  4. Re: Image partitions

    On 2004-07-07, Farouk Dindar wrote:

    >>> Which partitions should I image?

    >> It's hard to tell without knowing what's on each partition.

    > The 3 partitions are
    >
    > Boot
    > swap
    > home
    >
    > These were created by Mandrake which was replaced by Fedora.

    Ok. Back up the boot and home partitions. Don't bother with the swap
    partition. If you need to restore, just create the swap partition then
    using mkswap.

    --

    -John (john@os2.dhs.org)

+ Reply to Thread