thunderbird on encrypted partition - Redhat

This is a discussion on thunderbird on encrypted partition - Redhat ; I have installed an encrypted filesystem using the dm-crypt module. Thet filesystem was a FAT32 file system and I use dm-crypt to encrypt it through /dev/mapper [this is how its done I am told] I wanted to move my storage ...

  1. thunderbird on encrypted partition

    I have installed an encrypted filesystem using the dm-crypt module. Thet
    filesystem was a FAT32 file system and I use dm-crypt to encrypt it
    through /dev/mapper [this is how its done I am told]

    I wanted to move my storage files for thunderbird acroos to the encrypted
    filesystem for safe keeping. They can be copied accoss OK (as user) - so I
    have the permissions ot read and write to the disk. When I start
    thunderbird I can selsct the new filesytem and read email. But it hangs
    when I try to get email from the pop-server. I have to kill -9 the
    program.

    Is there any known issues using thunderbird with FAT32 or dm-crypt? Does
    anyone have any suggestions?

  2. Re: thunderbird on encrypted partition

    In Michael wrote:

    > I have installed an encrypted filesystem using the dm-crypt module. Thet
    > filesystem was a FAT32 file system and I use dm-crypt to encrypt it
    > through /dev/mapper [this is how its done I am told]
    >
    > I wanted to move my storage files for thunderbird acroos to the encrypted
    > filesystem for safe keeping. They can be copied accoss OK (as user) - so
    > have the permissions ot read and write to the disk. When I start
    > thunderbird I can selsct the new filesytem and read email. But it hangs
    > when I try to get email from the pop-server. I have to kill -9 the
    > program.
    >
    > Is there any known issues using thunderbird with FAT32 or dm-crypt? Does
    > anyone have any suggestions?

    I reformatted the FAT32 file systems to ext2 and re-encrypted them. Now it
    all seems to work.

    I don't know why it doesn't work with FAT32 as my largest email file
    (folder) was less than 300 megs.

+ Reply to Thread