Monitor resolution ..... - Redhat

This is a discussion on Monitor resolution ..... - Redhat ; Hello all, I'm sorry to bother you, but I am in TROUBLE. I had to swap out my monitor because it was defective and the temporary one doesn't seem to support the resolution I was using, so now when I ...

  1. Monitor resolution .....

    Hello all,

    I'm sorry to bother you, but I am in TROUBLE. I had to swap out my
    monitor because it was defective and the temporary one doesn't seem to
    support the resolution I was using, so now when I start the X-window screen
    is just 'black'. I can switch to the other consoles but just do not know
    enough to edit anything to lower the resolution so that the monitor can
    work.
    Can anyone make any (reasonable ) suggestion as to how I can make the
    change - perhaps even at boot-time - so that I can work.

    Thank you all for your help,

    David D.

  2. Re: Monitor resolution .....

    AOK!

    Found it [cntl] [alt] [+|-], thanks for your time anyway.

    regards,
    Dave D.

    "NobodyHome" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    | Hello all,
    |
    | I'm sorry to bother you, but I am in TROUBLE. I had to swap out my
    | monitor because it was defective and the temporary one doesn't seem to
    | support the resolution I was using, so now when I start the X-window
    screen
    | is just 'black'. I can switch to the other consoles but just do not know
    | enough to edit anything to lower the resolution so that the monitor can
    | work.
    | Can anyone make any (reasonable ) suggestion as to how I can make the
    | change - perhaps even at boot-time - so that I can work.
    |
    | Thank you all for your help,
    |
    | David D.

  3. Re: Monitor resolution .....

    On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 16:32:44 +0200, NobodyHome wrote:

    > Can anyone make any (reasonable ) suggestion as to how I can make the
    > change - perhaps even at boot-time - so that I can work.

    Xorg is all new to me and I'm assuming you are on FC2 there In the old
    days, XF86Config would have done the job for you.
    Now, Start your X session and try (crtl-alt -) and see if that drops the
    resolution and scan freq down enough for you to use the gui tools.

    --
    Jafar Calley
    Registered Linux User #359623

+ Reply to Thread