Record sound from line-in - Redhat

This is a discussion on Record sound from line-in - Redhat ; Hello guys, I would like record sound from line-in. Which tool (command line or X) is well suited to record sound from line-in like a radio broadcasting or from tape or from microphone to wav or mp3 files? Thanks in ...

  1. Record sound from line-in

    Hello guys, I would like record sound from line-in. Which tool
    (command line or X) is well suited to record sound from line-in like a
    radio broadcasting or from tape or from microphone to wav or mp3
    files?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Record sound from line-in

    On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, el cintura partida wrote:

    > Hello guys, I would like record sound from line-in. Which tool
    > (command line or X) is well suited to record sound from line-in like a
    > radio broadcasting or from tape or from microphone to wav or mp3
    > files?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Try 'gramofile' (command line tool) and/or 'audacity' (needs GUI).

    David

    --

    David Sumbler

    Please reply to the newsgroup.

    However, if you _really_ want to send me an e-mail,
    replace "nospam" in my address with "aeolia".

  3. Re: Record sound from line-in

    On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 21:34:43 +0100, David Sumbler wrote:

    > On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, el cintura partida wrote:
    >
    >> Hello guys, I would like record sound from line-in. Which tool
    >> (command line or X) is well suited to record sound from line-in like a
    >> radio broadcasting or from tape or from microphone to wav or mp3
    >> files?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance.

    > Try 'gramofile' (command line tool) and/or 'audacity' (needs GUI).
    >
    > David

    both of those are dandy

    not really an answer, but some useful information:

    If you want to record an internet radio stream, get a copy of vsound
    (google for the rpm).

    When installed it acts as a virtual loopback cable, and records to your
    HDD instead of sending the signal to your sound card.

    Usage:
    open your favourite terminal then:

    $ vsound realplay radioadress.ram

    to record a realplayer stream.

    exit realplayer when you're done, and wait for the .au fle to be converted
    to a .wav file, then you can close the terminal.

    works with other apps too

    Also have a look at Streamtuner, a browser for net radio, and
    Streamripper, the name says it all.

    It might be easier to just grab a stream off of the net than try to get
    good reception on your home stereo stereo.

  4. Re: Record sound from line-in

    On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, maxo wrote:

    > If you want to record an internet radio stream, get a copy of vsound
    > (google for the rpm).

    I didn't know about vsound - I've just downloaded and built it, and
    it's great! Thanks for that.

    David

    --

    David Sumbler

    Please reply to the newsgroup.

    However, if you _really_ want to send me an e-mail,
    replace "nospam" in my address with "aeolia".

+ Reply to Thread