how to display linux console on SME 6.0 server? - Redhat

This is a discussion on how to display linux console on SME 6.0 server? - Redhat ; Hi there I ve sucessfully set up a sme60 server box run as server-gateway. however, becoz' when configuring it out, ive selected the mode of auto login to sme server console instead of login prompt. question is how can i ...

  1. how to display linux console on SME 6.0 server?

    Hi there
    I ve sucessfully set up a sme60 server box run as server-gateway.
    however, becoz' when configuring it out, ive selected the mode of auto
    login to sme server console instead of login prompt.
    question is how can i turn on linux prompt login mode? (i dun want to
    reconfigure it)
    extra ques: i can run PuTTY on winXP to login to sme server console as
    admin account but can not telnet to it? any idea?
    cheers
    dphan

  2. Re: how to display linux console on SME 6.0 server?

    Run the admin consol again. Nothing will change unless you change it. When
    you get to the screen "consol mode" change it to logon. You can use the
    admin password as root. Run mc (midnight commander) for file manager. When
    you want to use the admin consol again, su admin will bring it up. OK?

    KK
    ------------------
    "Dieu Phan" wrote in message
    > Hi there
    > I ve sucessfully set up a sme60 server box run as server-gateway.
    > however, becoz' when configuring it out, ive selected the mode of auto
    > login to sme server console instead of login prompt.
    > question is how can i turn on linux prompt login mode? (i dun want to
    > reconfigure it)
    > extra ques: i can run PuTTY on winXP to login to sme server console as
    > admin account but can not telnet to it? any idea?
    > cheers
    > dphan

  3. Re: how to display linux console on SME 6.0 server?

    Dieu Phan wrote:
    > Hi there
    > I ve sucessfully set up a sme60 server box run as server-gateway.
    > however, becoz' when configuring it out, ive selected the mode of auto
    > login to sme server console instead of login prompt.
    > question is how can i turn on linux prompt login mode? (i dun want to
    > reconfigure it)
    > extra ques: i can run PuTTY on winXP to login to sme server console as
    > admin account but can not telnet to it? any idea?
    > cheers
    > dphan

    If you use PuTTY to log in as "root" you will get a standard Linux root
    console. If you log in as "admin" you will get the SME server console.
    The password stays the same.

  4. Re: how to display linux console on SME 6.0 server?

    Benny Cemoli wrote:
    > Dieu Phan wrote:
    >
    >> Hi there
    >> I ve sucessfully set up a sme60 server box run as server-gateway.
    >> however, becoz' when configuring it out, ive selected the mode of auto
    >> login to sme server console instead of login prompt.
    >> question is how can i turn on linux prompt login mode? (i dun want to
    >> reconfigure it)
    >> extra ques: i can run PuTTY on winXP to login to sme server console as
    >> admin account but can not telnet to it? any idea?
    >> cheers
    >> dphan

    > If you use PuTTY to log in as "root" you will get a standard Linux root
    > console. If you log in as "admin" you will get the SME server console.
    > The password stays the same.

    Thanks alot Benny,
    that s very good answer and for, i always think of admin and forget a
    root account
    also, thanks CSN and Kakadu.. yes i ve known telnet off, so ssh is good
    to deal on PuTTY
    goodnite
    dphan

+ Reply to Thread