eznet vs DNS - Redhat

This is a discussion on eznet vs DNS - Redhat ; I am using eznet under RH9 to dial Road Runner. Last week, I could dial in and was able to access web pages, IRC, and email. Now, I can successfully dial in, and I can ping IP address, but DNS ...

  1. eznet vs DNS

    I am using eznet under RH9 to dial Road Runner. Last week, I could dial in
    and was able to access web pages, IRC, and email. Now, I can successfully
    dial in, and I can ping IP address, but DNS lookups fail. Can anyone point
    me to a possible solution? I do have a reslov.conf with the same namesever
    information as my desktop, which connects through cable modem.

    Any and all help appreciated.
    --
    Rick

  2. Re: eznet vs DNS

    On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 03:08:38 +0000, Rick wrote:

    > I am using eznet under RH9 to dial Road Runner. Last week, I could dial in
    > and was able to access web pages, IRC, and email. Now, I can successfully
    > dial in, and I can ping IP address, but DNS lookups fail. Can anyone point
    > me to a possible solution? I do have a reslov.conf with the same namesever
    > information as my desktop, which connects through cable modem.
    >
    > Any and all help appreciated.

    An update...
    I'm using Fedora Core 1, not RH9, and I have found some issues that have
    resolved my problem...

    The DHCP-client script was overwriting the /etc/resolv.conf script. The
    /etc/ppp/resolv.conf script was not overwritten, but it was also not read.
    I have put usednspeers into /etc/ppp/options, and them manually edit
    /etc/resolv.conf when I want to use dialup, and let DHCP overwrite it when
    I use ethernet. This does seem to be something of a kludge. If anyone know
    how to do it better, please let me know.

    Any and all help appreciated.

    --
    Rick

+ Reply to Thread