VSIFAX won't start "vfxsched: Startup not completed within 30 seconds" - Redhat

This is a discussion on VSIFAX won't start "vfxsched: Startup not completed within 30 seconds" - Redhat ; Is there anybody know what causes this problem? I installed the Vsifax server on a linux box and during the installation, it asked me to start the admin service and the schuduler. The admin part started, but the scheduler got ...

  1. VSIFAX won't start "vfxsched: Startup not completed within 30 seconds"

    Is there anybody know what causes this problem?

    I installed the Vsifax server on a linux box and during the
    installation, it asked me to start the admin service and the
    schuduler. The admin part started, but the scheduler got a timeout
    after 30 seconds.

    "vfxsched: Startup not completed within 30 seconds"

    The linux is at version 2.4.22. The Vsifax server vfxsched: version
    4.2.2b build 331 .

    Any suggestions where should I check ?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: VSIFAX won't start "vfxsched: Startup not completed within 30 seconds"

    "MailSurfer" wrote in message
    news:e96a3678.0406241017.7bd9937f@posting.google.c om...
    > Is there anybody know what causes this problem?
    >
    > I installed the Vsifax server on a linux box and during the
    > installation, it asked me to start the admin service and the
    > schuduler. The admin part started, but the scheduler got a timeout
    > after 30 seconds.
    >
    > "vfxsched: Startup not completed within 30 seconds"
    >
    > The linux is at version 2.4.22. The Vsifax server vfxsched: version
    > 4.2.2b build 331 .
    >
    > Any suggestions where should I check ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Some time ago I had a similar problem on a Unix system. It was cramped for
    disk space and could not initialize its log files. Does vfxstat -a report
    anything useful?

    Ron

  3. Re: VSIFAX won't start "vfxsched: Startup not completed within 30 seconds"

    Thanks ron,

    I have planty of disk space on the server. about 26G free in that filesystem.

    and, since the scheduler couldn't be started, the vfxstat just givses me

    "vfxstat: Cannot login to server: Scheduler not running"

    any other ideas?

    "Ronald J Marchand" wrote in message news:<1a1cf$40db22a4$42a6716f$23850@msgid.meganewsserver s.com>...
    > "MailSurfer" wrote in message
    > news:e96a3678.0406241017.7bd9937f@posting.google.c om...
    > > Is there anybody know what causes this problem?
    > >
    > > I installed the Vsifax server on a linux box and during the
    > > installation, it asked me to start the admin service and the
    > > schuduler. The admin part started, but the scheduler got a timeout
    > > after 30 seconds.
    > >
    > > "vfxsched: Startup not completed within 30 seconds"
    > >
    > > The linux is at version 2.4.22. The Vsifax server vfxsched: version
    > > 4.2.2b build 331 .
    > >
    > > Any suggestions where should I check ?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance.

    > Some time ago I had a similar problem on a Unix system. It was cramped for
    > disk space and could not initialize its log files. Does vfxstat -a report
    > anything useful?
    >
    > Ron

+ Reply to Thread