Problem with installing, "invalid scan freq." - Redhat

This is a discussion on Problem with installing, "invalid scan freq." - Redhat ; Hello, I'm hoping that someone can help me with this. I got an error while installing Redhat 9. After probing the hardware, it sees the wrong monitor. Shortly after, the scan just flickers displaying: "INVALID SCAN FREQ." Can someone please ...

  1. Problem with installing, "invalid scan freq."

    Hello,

    I'm hoping that someone can help me with this. I got an error while
    installing Redhat 9. After probing the hardware, it sees the wrong
    monitor. Shortly after, the scan just flickers displaying:

    "INVALID SCAN FREQ."

    Can someone please tell me how to get past this?

    Thanks.

    -Mangal

  2. Re: Problem with installing, "invalid scan freq."

    Mangal wrote:

    > installing Redhat 9. After probing the hardware, it sees the wrong
    > monitor. Shortly after, the scan just flickers displaying:
    >
    > "INVALID SCAN FREQ."
    >
    > Can someone please tell me how to get past this?

    You could try to press CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE by the time this message occurs.
    After that you should've returned to your text-console. I can't remember
    which command under RH9 is responsible for getting your monitor settings
    correctly. Perhaps a 'apropos display' will help you then.
    Alternativly you could try to edit your '/etc/X11/XF86Config' with an editor
    of your choice.

    HTH, Ulf.

+ Reply to Thread