RH9 and Canon PowerShot A80 Digital Camera - Redhat

This is a discussion on RH9 and Canon PowerShot A80 Digital Camera - Redhat ; Will RH9 recognise a Canon PowerShot A80 Digital Camera as mass storage, or will I need special software to offload the pictures?...

  1. RH9 and Canon PowerShot A80 Digital Camera

    Will RH9 recognise a Canon PowerShot A80 Digital Camera as mass storage,
    or will I need special software to offload the pictures?

  2. Re: RH9 and Canon PowerShot A80 Digital Camera

    "privacy.at Anonymous Remailer" writes:

    > Will RH9 recognise a Canon PowerShot A80 Digital Camera as mass storage,
    > or will I need special software to offload the pictures?

    I have an A60 which is AFAIK pretty much the same. I use gphoto2
    (need a fairly recent version) to download the images from the
    camera.

    I run (for the time being) RH8. RH9 (with an upgraded gphoto2)
    also recognizes the camera.

    AFAIK it is not recognized as a mass storage hence the need for
    gphoto2.

    Vilmos

+ Reply to Thread