print in compressed pitch on laser via lpr - Redhat

This is a discussion on print in compressed pitch on laser via lpr - Redhat ; Is there any lpr option for printing to a HP laser in compressed pitch? This is easy in SYSV lp, but I haven't found any equivalent in Linux. Anypne got a link for more info? What I need to do ...

  1. print in compressed pitch on laser via lpr

    Is there any lpr option for printing to a HP laser in compressed pitch? This
    is easy in SYSV lp, but I haven't found any equivalent in Linux. Anypne got
    a link for more info?

    What I need to do is send pitch options from an application, which prints
    via lpr.

  2. Re: print in compressed pitch on laser via lpr

    "Bob Meyers" wrote in message
    > Is there any lpr option for printing to a HP laser in compressed pitch?

    This
    > is easy in SYSV lp, but I haven't found any equivalent in Linux. Anypne

    got
    > a link for more info?
    >
    > What I need to do is send pitch options from an application, which prints
    > via lpr.

    Oh, I see, its CUPS!

+ Reply to Thread