linux workstation proxy - Redhat

This is a discussion on linux workstation proxy - Redhat ; Hi! I have linux Redhat 8.0 workstation (no X Windows installed or configured), now I want to use this workstation to access the net via another linux proxy server in my network. I am not sure how to make my ...

  1. linux workstation proxy

    Hi! I have linux Redhat 8.0 workstation (no X Windows installed or
    configured), now I want to use this workstation to access the net via
    another linux proxy server in my network. I am not sure how to make
    my workstation understand about the proxy. Is there any way to direct
    my workstation to use the net using proxy??

    Any kind of help will be good.

    Thanks
    CS

  2. Re: linux workstation proxy

    CS pravi:

    > Hi! I have linux Redhat 8.0 workstation (no X Windows installed or
    > configured), now I want to use this workstation to access the net via
    > another linux proxy server in my network. I am not sure how to make
    > my workstation understand about the proxy. Is there any way to direct
    > my workstation to use the net using proxy??
    >
    > Any kind of help will be good.
    >
    > Thanks
    > CS

    Give us more info:
    - is this machine with private ip or public ip
    - do you have setup a router
    - what applications are running on workstation

+ Reply to Thread