RedHat ES3 disconnects over T1 - Redhat

This is a discussion on RedHat ES3 disconnects over T1 - Redhat ; Hi, I have both RedHat 6.1 and RedHat Enterprise ES3 running on a local network with no problems. But I am haveing connection problems over a T1 thought 2 Cisco 2610. Everything has been working great with the 6.1 system ...

  1. RedHat ES3 disconnects over T1

    Hi,
    I have both RedHat 6.1 and RedHat Enterprise ES3 running on a
    local network with no problems. But I am haveing connection problems
    over a T1 thought 2 Cisco 2610.

    Everything has been working great with the 6.1 system ans still
    is. but the ES3 system that is to replace the 6.1 system disconnect
    remote telnet session within minutes with and without activity.

    Also, one the remote side their is a Chase IOLAN+ serial terminal
    server running all their printers. Again, 6.1 works fine, but ES3.1
    prints a job or two and locks up the terminal server.

    Any ideas as to what to look at whould be appreciated.

    P.S. I've both telnet daemons, the new kerberos one, and the legacy
    version with no help.

    Thanks
    Todd

  2. Re: RedHat ES3 disconnects over T1

    Todd Simi wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have both RedHat 6.1 and RedHat Enterprise ES3 running on a
    > local network with no problems. But I am haveing connection problems
    > over a T1 thought 2 Cisco 2610.
    >
    > Everything has been working great with the 6.1 system ans still
    > is. but the ES3 system that is to replace the 6.1 system disconnect
    > remote telnet session within minutes with and without activity.
    >
    > Also, one the remote side their is a Chase IOLAN+ serial terminal
    > server running all their printers. Again, 6.1 works fine, but ES3.1
    > prints a job or two and locks up the terminal server.
    >
    > Any ideas as to what to look at whould be appreciated.
    >
    > P.S. I've both telnet daemons, the new kerberos one, and the legacy
    > version with no help.

    I have no clue, but if you are running RHEL3ES, presumably not a bootleg
    copy, you are entitled to service from Red Hat. I would be interested in
    finding out if Red Hat is able to help you, or if they tell you that
    whatever problem you are having is unsupported.

    /V\ Registered Machine 241939.
    ^^-^^ 07:25:00 up 5 days, 16:50, 4 users, load average: 3.09, 3.19, 3.21

  3. Re: RedHat ES3 disconnects over T1

    turns our ES3 setup up it routing table slightly different by default.
    I just added a static route to the router to the remote network, and
    everything is fine.

    Todd

    simi@speakeasy.net (Todd Simi) wrote in message news:<8d4295a9.0406121226.57db4395@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi,
    > I have both RedHat 6.1 and RedHat Enterprise ES3 running on a
    > local network with no problems. But I am haveing connection problems
    > over a T1 thought 2 Cisco 2610.
    >
    > Everything has been working great with the 6.1 system ans still
    > is. but the ES3 system that is to replace the 6.1 system disconnect
    > remote telnet session within minutes with and without activity.
    >
    > Also, one the remote side their is a Chase IOLAN+ serial terminal
    > server running all their printers. Again, 6.1 works fine, but ES3.1
    > prints a job or two and locks up the terminal server.
    >
    > Any ideas as to what to look at whould be appreciated.
    >
    > P.S. I've both telnet daemons, the new kerberos one, and the legacy
    > version with no help.
    >
    > Thanks

    > Todd

+ Reply to Thread