I am interested in putting a pop proxy on my internet gateway (RedHat
7.3) so I can automatically filter all incoming email from any pop
server anyone on my network tries to access.

I want to filter for viruses on incoming email using either BitDefender
console or clamAV

Does anyone know of a good pop proxy to achieve this?

I do not want to have to load up a new database with each users pop
server information (server/username/password) so I am hoping there is a
pop proxy around that is intelligent enough to get these from the client
application - perhaps in real time...

Email messages returned from the server would have to be passed to a
user specified program (either BitDefender or clamAV) for scanning
before being passed back to the client.

Any suggestions?

michael