How to configure eth0? - Redhat

This is a discussion on How to configure eth0? - Redhat ; Somehow my eth0 got unconfigured. I am using redhat 9. When I try to activate my ethernet connection it says: /sbin/ifup configuration for eth0 not found. The hardware works because it works under windows. Any ideas? TIA, David...

  1. How to configure eth0?

    Somehow my eth0 got unconfigured. I am using redhat 9. When I try to
    activate my ethernet connection it says: /sbin/ifup configuration for
    eth0 not found. The hardware works because it works under windows.

    Any ideas?

    TIA,
    David

  2. Re: How to configure eth0?

    David Fumento wrote:
    > Somehow my eth0 got unconfigured. I am using redhat 9. When I try to
    > activate my ethernet connection it says: /sbin/ifup configuration for
    > eth0 not found. The hardware works because it works under windows.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > TIA,
    > David

    the configuration in redhat 9 should be in

    google for the syntax of the file. or, if you have a static ip, you
    could do ifconfig eth0 XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX. If it is DHCP, i think it is
    ifconfig eth0 -dynamic, but im not sure about that one

    --
    Luke Albers
    Georgia Institute of Technology, Electrical Engineering

  3. Re: How to configure eth0?

+ Reply to Thread