qdvdauthor woes - Redhat

This is a discussion on qdvdauthor woes - Redhat ; I'm having trouble running qdvdauthor under RH9. I'm trying to get one button on a background picture that will play one movie. When qdvdauthor runs this command: arecord -f dat -twav -d 1 /dev/stdout | mp2enc -r 48000 -o /tmp/test/Main ...

  1. qdvdauthor woes

    I'm having trouble running qdvdauthor under RH9. I'm trying to get one
    button on a background picture that will play one movie.

    When qdvdauthor runs this command:

    arecord -f dat -twav -d 1 /dev/stdout | mp2enc -r 48000 -o /tmp/test/Main
    Menu VMGMbackground.jpg.mp2

    I see this error message:

    arecord: main:507: audio open error: No such file or directory

    Does anyone know what arecord is looking for?

    When qdvdauthor runs this command:

    dvdauthor -x "/tmp/test/dvdauthor.xml"

    I see these errors:

    DVDAuthor::dvdauthor, version 0.6.10.
    Build options: gnugetopt magick iconv freetype
    Send bugs to

    INFO: Locale=en_US.UTF-8
    INFO: Converting filenames to UTF-8
    INFO: dvdauthor creating VTS
    WARN: The use of jumppad requires a menu; creating a dummy ENGLISH menu
    STAT: Picking VTS 01

    STAT: Processing /home/Commons/test.mpg...
    WARN: Skipping sector, waiting for first VOBU...
    WARN: Skipping sector, waiting for first VOBU...
    WARN: Skipping sector, waiting for first VOBU...

    [...hundreds of duplicate lines deleted...]

    WARN: Skipping sector, waiting for first VOBU...
    WARN: Skipping sector, waiting for first VOBU...
    WARN: Skipping sector, waiting for first VOBU...
    STAT: VOBU 0 at 0MB, 1 PGCS
    /tmp/execute.sh: line 3: 8885 Segmentation fault
    (core dumped) dvdauthor -x "/tmp/test/dvdauthor.xml"

    /tmp/test/dvdauthor.xml looks like:

    -
    -
    -

    -
    -
    -

    call vmgm menu 1;

    Subdirectories AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS are created in the target
    directory and an empty VTS_01_1.VOB is placed in VIDEO_TS.

    Pilot error or bug(s)?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: qdvdauthor woes

    On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 20:25:46 +0000, anonymous wrote:

    > I'm having trouble running qdvdauthor under RH9. I'm trying to get one
    > button on a background picture that will play one movie.
    >
    > When qdvdauthor runs this command:
    >
    > arecord -f dat -twav -d 1 /dev/stdout | mp2enc -r 48000 -o
    > /tmp/test/Main Menu VMGMbackground.jpg.mp2
    >
    > I see this error message:
    >
    > arecord: main:507: audio open error: No such file or directory
    >
    > Does anyone know what arecord is looking for?
    >
    > When qdvdauthor runs this command:
    >
    > dvdauthor -x "/tmp/test/dvdauthor.xml"
    >
    > I see these errors:
    >
    > DVDAuthor::dvdauthor, version 0.6.10. Build options: gnugetopt
    > magick iconv freetype Send bugs to
    >

    > INFO: Locale=en_US.UTF-8
    > INFO: Converting filenames to UTF-8
    > INFO: dvdauthor creating VTS
    > WARN: The use of jumppad requires a menu; creating a dummy ENGLISH
    > menu STAT: Picking VTS 01
    >
    > STAT: Processing /home/Commons/test.mpg... WARN: Skipping sector,
    > waiting for first VOBU... WARN: Skipping sector, waiting for first
    > VOBU... WARN: Skipping sector, waiting for first VOBU...
    >
    > [...hundreds of duplicate lines deleted...]
    >
    > WARN: Skipping sector, waiting for first VOBU... WARN: Skipping
    > sector, waiting for first VOBU... WARN: Skipping sector, waiting
    > for first VOBU... STAT: VOBU 0 at 0MB, 1 PGCS
    > /tmp/execute.sh: line 3: 8885 Segmentation fault (core dumped)
    > dvdauthor -x "/tmp/test/dvdauthor.xml"
    >

    > /tmp/test/dvdauthor.xml looks like:
    >
    > -
    > -
    > -
    >

    > -
    > -
    > -
    >
    > call vmgm menu 1;
    >

    > Subdirectories AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS are created in the target directory
    > and an empty VTS_01_1.VOB is placed in VIDEO_TS.
    >
    > Pilot error or bug(s)?
    >
    > Thanks.

    You could try http://qdvdauthor.sourceforge.net/ and look under Support
    for help.