mailbox for root - Redhat

This is a discussion on mailbox for root - Redhat ; I am running RH8 with sendmail 8.12 and pop3. However, I am not able to login into mailbox for user root from remote location using any MUA - I allways get response Bad login. Is there some protection for mailbox ...

  1. mailbox for root

    I am running RH8 with sendmail 8.12 and pop3. However, I am not able to
    login into mailbox for user root from remote location using any MUA - I
    allways get response Bad login.
    Is there some protection for mailbox root that is forbidening access
    from remote location?

    Regards,
    Sasa

  2. Re: mailbox for root

    There will probably be something in the pop3 config or man pages relating
    to this. Have a look see.

    James

    On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 13:29:52 +0200, Sasa Stupar wrote:

    > I am running RH8 with sendmail 8.12 and pop3. However, I am not able to
    > login into mailbox for user root from remote location using any MUA - I
    > allways get response Bad login.
    > Is there some protection for mailbox root that is forbidening access
    > from remote location?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Sasa

+ Reply to Thread