nVidia Splash Screen - Redhat

This is a discussion on nVidia Splash Screen - Redhat ; Does anybody know how to get rid of the nVidia splash screen every time you start up Gnome /KDE ? I have just download the nVidia drivers for my GF4 MMX 440 video card , everything works fine , except ...

  1. nVidia Splash Screen

    Does anybody know how to get rid of the nVidia splash screen every time you
    start up Gnome /KDE ?

    I have just download the nVidia drivers for my GF4 MMX 440 video card ,
    everything works fine , except every time I go to start Gnome or KDE , I get
    this friggin big nVidia splash screen popping up before any of the GUI comes
    up , is really annoying and outright stupid.

    I have tried to find it there is a image file in the nVidia directory , but
    I don't know whether the splash screen is a separate file or it is embedded
    in the driver file.

    I have also checked the /etc/X11/XF86Config file and there is no mention of
    the splash screen.

    Has anybody got any ideas ?

    Thanks.

    --
    Sandgroper
    ----------------------------------

  2. Re: nVidia Splash Screen

    On Fri, 21 May 2004 20:32:24 +0800, Sandgroper wrote:

    > Does anybody know how to get rid of the nVidia splash screen every time
    > you start up Gnome /KDE ?

    > Has anybody got any ideas ?

    Add; Option "NoLogo" "True" to the Device section in /etc/X11/XF86Config

    --
    "In short, without this exclusive franchise, called the Windows API,
    we would have been dead a long time ago." M$ Senior VP Bob Muglia '96

  3. Re: nVidia Splash Screen

    "Lenard" wrote in message
    newsan.2004.05.21.12.46.29.827971@127.0.0.1...
    > On Fri, 21 May 2004 20:32:24 +0800, Sandgroper wrote:
    >
    > > Does anybody know how to get rid of the nVidia splash screen every time
    > > you start up Gnome /KDE ?

    > > Has anybody got any ideas ?

    > Add; Option "NoLogo" "True" to the Device section in /etc/X11/XF86Config

    Thanks !!!!

    I knew there had to be a way of getting rid of that stupid splash screen.

    --
    Sandgroper
    Remove KNICKERS to Email
    steveray@KNICKERSiinet.net.au