wine / office97 - Redhat

This is a discussion on wine / office97 - Redhat ; I did a fresh install of RedHat 9 today. I installed the latest version I could fine of wine (20040505) I went to install Office 97 upgrade version. All went well until it tried to register the dlls in the ...

  1. wine / office97

    I did a fresh install of RedHat 9 today.

    I installed the latest version I could fine of wine (20040505)

    I went to install Office 97 upgrade version.

    All went well until it tried to register the dlls in the registry.
    Specifically it failed on accwiz.dll and then setup finished with an error.

    When I try to run some of the programs (eg access and excel) they fail to
    run.

    On a windows machine this dll is placed in the HKLM & HKCR registry hives.
    Wine appears to have stored the main registry under /etc/wine and user
    portions of the registry under ~/.wine . I am not sure if it is failing
    because it will not write HKLM / HKCR hives under user hives ?

    Any advice appreciated!

  2. Re: wine / office97

    On Tue, 18 May 2004 14:52:11 +0000, Michael wrote:

    > I did a fresh install of RedHat 9 today.
    >
    > I installed the latest version I could fine of wine (20040505)
    >
    > I went to install Office 97 upgrade version.
    >

    > Any advice appreciated!

    Take a look at Saves you a lot of time and
    trouble. Furthermore, it sponsers the people who brought wine to a level
    that it can run MS Office.

    --
    Bas.

+ Reply to Thread