lpd on 9100 - Redhat

This is a discussion on lpd on 9100 - Redhat ; I want to setup lpd to listen on port 9100 and direct any print jobs that it receives to a printer or filter of my choice. The RetHat documentation does not provide much help here. Any help is appreciated. Sid....

  1. lpd on 9100

    I want to setup lpd to listen on port 9100 and direct any print jobs
    that it receives to a printer or filter of my choice.

    The RetHat documentation does not provide much help here.
    Any help is appreciated.

    Sid.

  2. Re: lpd on 9100

    On Mon, 17 May 2004 08:47:28 -0700, Eli Sidwell wrote:

    > I want to setup lpd to listen on port 9100 and direct any print jobs that
    > it receives to a printer or filter of my choice.
    >
    > The RetHat documentation does not provide much help here. Any help is
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Sid.

    Have you run redhat-config-printer ?

    Jetdirect is handled pretty well.

    --
    i.m.

  3. Re: lpd on 9100

    Ivan,

    I don't want to print to a Jetdirect.

    I want to emulate the jetdirect and capture the printjob.

    Sid .

    "Ivan Marsh" wrote in message news:...
    > On Mon, 17 May 2004 08:47:28 -0700, Eli Sidwell wrote:
    >
    > > I want to setup lpd to listen on port 9100 and direct any print jobs that
    > > it receives to a printer or filter of my choice.
    > >
    > > The RetHat documentation does not provide much help here. Any help is
    > > appreciated.
    > >
    > > Sid.

    > Have you run redhat-config-printer ?
    >
    > Jetdirect is handled pretty well.