US Robotics 56 K FAX INT PnP - Redhat

This is a discussion on US Robotics 56 K FAX INT PnP - Redhat ; Fedora Core 1 does not detect this (ISA) modem. Is there something I could do? I am not familiar with the names of the ports in Linux. I normally install the modem in COM3. Can somebody post a link related ...

  1. US Robotics 56 K FAX INT PnP

    Fedora Core 1 does not detect this (ISA) modem. Is there something I could
    do? I am not familiar with the names of the ports in Linux. I normally
    install the modem in COM3.
    Can somebody post a link related to this problem?

    Thanks,
    Ja

  2. Re: US Robotics 56 K FAX INT PnP

    James Atkinson wrote:
    > Fedora Core 1 does not detect this (ISA) modem. Is there something I could
    > do? I am not familiar with the names of the ports in Linux. I normally
    > install the modem in COM3.
    > Can somebody post a link related to this problem?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ja

    If it is COM1, it is normally /dev/ttyS0, so if yours comes in as COM3, I
    would try /dev/ttyS2
    But not always. That is the first thing to try.

    Mine is definately not COM1. It is a PCI modem and comes in at /dev/ttyS4

    /V\ Registered Machine 241939.
    ^^-^^ 14:30:00 up 17 days, 15:13, 4 users, load average: 4.09, 4.12, 3.62

+ Reply to Thread