Fried my monitor - Redhat

This is a discussion on Fried my monitor - Redhat ; Need help. I'm fairly new to Linux but I had my system up and running. My monitor took a pwr surge and the tube is dead. The new monitor will boot to windows just fine. When I boot linux it ...

  1. Fried my monitor

    Need help. I'm fairly new to Linux but I had my system up and running. My
    monitor took a pwr surge and the tube is dead. The new monitor will boot to
    windows just fine. When I boot linux it works untill the monitor settings take
    effect then I just get grey lines for 5 seconds and the monitor shuts down. I
    can boot to single user mode but don't know what to do next. Can I change the
    run level and start KDE or do I need to change the monitor settings via cmd
    line. Please advise.

  2. Re: Fried my monitor

    On Sun, 09 May 2004 14:33:25 +0000, IBSmileyJo wrote:

    > Need help. I'm fairly new to Linux but I had my system up and running.
    > My monitor took a pwr surge and the tube is dead. The new monitor will
    > boot to windows just fine. When I boot linux it works untill the monitor
    > settings take effect then I just get grey lines for 5 seconds and the
    > monitor shuts down. I can boot to single user mode but don't know what
    > to do next. Can I change the run level and start KDE or do I need to
    > change the monitor settings via cmd line. Please advise.

    As root run either Xconfigurator or redhat-config-xfree86

    --
    "In short, without this exclusive franchise, called the Windows API,
    we would have been dead a long time ago." M$ Senior VP Bob Muglia '96

+ Reply to Thread