Grub Triple Partition - Redhat

This is a discussion on Grub Triple Partition - Redhat ; My system has three partitions. OS/2 v4.0 Windows XP Pro RedHat Pro Workstation They are listed in this order in the Grub (V.93) menu at boot up. I would like to rearrange the list so the default is XP instead ...

  1. Grub Triple Partition

    My system has three partitions.

    OS/2 v4.0
    Windows XP Pro
    RedHat Pro Workstation

    They are listed in this order in the Grub (V.93) menu at boot up.

    I would like to rearrange the list so the default is XP instead of OS/2

    I would also like to remove the password requirement.

    command sequence after selection is:

    rootnoverify (hd0,2)
    chainloader +1
    lock

    password:

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Grub Triple Partition

    On Sat, 08 May 2004 16:14:46 -0700, Oliver wrote:

    > My system has three partitions.
    >
    > OS/2 v4.0
    > Windows XP Pro
    > RedHat Pro Workstation
    >
    > They are listed in this order in the Grub (V.93) menu at boot up.
    >
    > I would like to rearrange the list so the default is XP instead of OS/2
    >
    > I would also like to remove the password requirement.
    >
    > command sequence after selection is:
    >
    > rootnoverify (hd0,2)
    > chainloader +1
    > lock
    >
    > password:
    >

    > Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks

    The easiest way is to just edit the line in /boot/grub/grub.conf that
    currently says:

    default=0

    Replace it with

    default=1

    and XP Pro will be pre-selected next time you boot.

    Alternatively. swap the whole of the OS/2 and XP Pro sections in the same
    file around. Sections begin at:

    title OS/2

    I think that if you just delete the 'lock' line(s) and the 'password'
    line(s), you will not be prompted for a password.

    Regards,
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread