FedoraLegacy Question - Redhat

This is a discussion on FedoraLegacy Question - Redhat ; Anyone out there been using FedoraLegacy for RH7 and RH8 for a while? I'm curious to know how well it's been working out for you. How frequent are the updates? I'm wondering if it'll be relatively safe relying on FedoraLegacy ...

  1. FedoraLegacy Question

    Anyone out there been using FedoraLegacy for RH7 and RH8 for a while?
    I'm curious to know how well it's been working out for you. How
    frequent are the updates? I'm wondering if it'll be relatively safe
    relying on FedoraLegacy for updates for production RH9 boxen.

    Thanks in advance!

  2. Re: FedoraLegacy Question

    bump - anyone? anyone?

    maethlin@yahoo.com (maeth) wrote in message news:<4020b87f.0405051634.4d8b5955@posting.google.com>...
    > Anyone out there been using FedoraLegacy for RH7 and RH8 for a while?
    > I'm curious to know how well it's been working out for you. How
    > frequent are the updates? I'm wondering if it'll be relatively safe
    > relying on FedoraLegacy for updates for production RH9 boxen.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

  3. Re: FedoraLegacy Question

    maeth wrote:
    > bump - anyone? anyone?
    >
    > maethlin@yahoo.com (maeth) wrote in message news:<4020b87f.0405051634.4d8b5955@posting.google.com>...
    >
    >>Anyone out there been using FedoraLegacy for RH7 and RH8 for a while?
    >>I'm curious to know how well it's been working out for you. How
    >>frequent are the updates? I'm wondering if it'll be relatively safe
    >>relying on FedoraLegacy for updates for production RH9 boxen.
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance!

    Maeth,
    I upgraded from RH 7.3. Besides a GRUB problem, requiring a complete
    install and not just an upgrade, it is a major improvement.Before the
    complete install when I upgraded, it work great but I had to boot from a
    floppy instead of GRUB. The people here are very helpful with any
    questions you may have. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again, just back up
    your current system first. We always forget some system parameters or
    old email's we wished to keep.

    Jesse

  4. Re: FedoraLegacy Question

    maeth wrote:
    > Anyone out there been using FedoraLegacy for RH7 and RH8 for a while?
    > I'm curious to know how well it's been working out for you. How
    > frequent are the updates? I'm wondering if it'll be relatively safe
    > relying on FedoraLegacy for updates for production RH9 boxen.

    Not much

    My system was fully uptodate using RedCarpet until RH drop
    the support. I switched to YUM/legacy about a month ago
    and had a few updates, but since none.

    G.

+ Reply to Thread