INTEL(R) PRO/1000 MT DESKTOP ADAPTER - Redhat

This is a discussion on INTEL(R) PRO/1000 MT DESKTOP ADAPTER - Redhat ; I'm using the latest redhat 9.0 with kernel version 2.4.20-31.9smp. Chip ID: 82541GI Please, someone knows how to get it works? It seem to be not supported by this kernel version. What can I do? Thanks guys, +m...

  1. INTEL(R) PRO/1000 MT DESKTOP ADAPTER

    I'm using the latest redhat 9.0 with kernel version 2.4.20-31.9smp.

    Chip ID: 82541GI

    Please, someone knows how to get it works?
    It seem to be not supported by this kernel version.

    What can I do?

    Thanks guys,
    +m

  2. Re: INTEL(R) PRO/1000 MT DESKTOP ADAPTER

    "Matteo Gugliemi" wrote in message
    > I'm using the latest redhat 9.0 with kernel version 2.4.20-31.9smp.
    >
    > Chip ID: 82541GI
    >
    > Please, someone knows how to get it works?
    > It seem to be not supported by this kernel version.
    >
    > What can I do?

    Have you been to the Intel webpile. The latest cards have a problem with
    older drivers.

    Ron

  3. Re: INTEL(R) PRO/1000 MT DESKTOP ADAPTER

    Ronald J Marchand wrote:
    > "Matteo Gugliemi" wrote in message
    >
    >>I'm using the latest redhat 9.0 with kernel version 2.4.20-31.9smp.
    >>
    >>Chip ID: 82541GI
    >>
    >>Please, someone knows how to get it works?
    >>It seem to be not supported by this kernel version.
    >>
    >>What can I do?
    >>

    > Have you been to the Intel webpile. The latest cards have a problem with
    > older drivers.
    >
    > Ron

    the problem is that this gigabit card is not supported by the kernel
    2.4.20-31.9. I know for sure that it works with the latest vanilla
    kernel 2.4.26: so, is possible to get the new kernel under redhat???
    Can I find some "unstable kernel" rpm file???
    Ca I create the newkernel.rpm starting from the vanilla kernel source
    code???

    Thanks,
    +m

  4. Re: INTEL(R) PRO/1000 MT DESKTOP ADAPTER

    On Mon, 03 May 2004 21:47:20 +0200, Matteo Gugliemi wrote:

    > Ronald J Marchand wrote:
    >> "Matteo Gugliemi" wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I'm using the latest redhat 9.0 with kernel version 2.4.20-31.9smp.
    >>>
    >>>Chip ID: 82541GI
    >>>
    >>>Please, someone knows how to get it works? It seem to be not supported
    >>>by this kernel version.
    >>>
    >>>What can I do?
    >>>

    >> Have you been to the Intel webpile. The latest cards have a problem
    >> with older drivers.
    >>
    >> Ron
    >>

    > the problem is that this gigabit card is not supported by the kernel
    > 2.4.20-31.9. I know for sure that it works with the latest vanilla
    > kernel 2.4.26: so, is possible to get the new kernel under redhat??? Can
    > I find some "unstable kernel" rpm file??? Ca I create the newkernel.rpm
    > starting from the vanilla kernel source code???

    So download the vanilla 2.4.26 kernel, unpack, compile, install and use
    it, you don't need an RPM but if you want you could build one.

    For the kernel compiling and installation;
    http://www.digitalhermit.com/linux/K...ild-HOWTO.html
    http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/l...om-kernel.html

    For the RPM building;
    http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/

    --
    "In short, without this exclusive franchise, called the Windows API,
    we would have been dead a long time ago." M$ Senior VP Bob Muglia '96

+ Reply to Thread