Qmail question - Redhat

This is a discussion on Qmail question - Redhat ; I have built my Linux box and want it to be my POP3 server. I have installed qmail and removed sendmail. Like my ISP, i just want to be able to connect to my Linux box and pull down all ...

  1. Qmail question

    I have built my Linux box and want it to be my POP3 server. I have installed
    qmail and removed sendmail.

    Like my ISP, i just want to be able to connect to my Linux box and pull down
    all e-mail. I also want to be able to forward e-mails in my domain. No one
    will ever log into the Linux box and read mail.

    How do you do it.

    Is installing qmail the right thing?

    thanks
    Brian LaBorde

  2. Re: Qmail question

    On Sam, 01 Mai 2004 at 06:23 GMT, Brian LaBorde wrote:
    > I have built my Linux box and want it to be my POP3 server. I have installed
    > qmail and removed sendmail.

    Sorry, I'm not really familiar with qmail.

    > Like my ISP, i just want to be able to connect to my Linux box and pull down
    > all e-mail. I also want to be able to forward e-mails in my domain. No one
    > will ever log into the Linux box and read mail.

    Pulling down the emails is normally not done via the MTA. I'm using
    fetchmail, to get the mails from the external POP-Server and store
    them my local mailserver. This mailserver also runs imap to allow
    reading mails form everywhere in the LAN. It works great for my
    purposes.

    > How do you do it.

    see above

    > Is installing qmail the right thing?

    I'm running sendmail, but would also be interested in the experiences
    of others, using qmail.

    --

    Robert...

+ Reply to Thread