defrag - Redhat

This is a discussion on defrag - Redhat ; I'm running Red Hat 7.3. Is there a utility I can use to defragment the hard drive? If there is, what is the name of it, and where do I find it? Alan...

  1. defrag

    I'm running Red Hat 7.3. Is there a utility I can use to defragment the
    hard drive? If there is, what is the name of it, and where do I find it?

    Alan

  2. Re: defrag

    On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 22:06:51 -0300, Alan Shiers wrote:

    > I'm running Red Hat 7.3. Is there a utility I can use to defragment the
    > hard drive? If there is, what is the name of it, and where do I find it?
    >
    > Alan

    OE6 runs on Red Hat? Cool!

    Trolls should use google before posting. :P

  3. Re: defrag

    Zawartość nagłówka ["Followup-To:" alt.pl.comp.os.linux.newbie.]
    W artykule Alan Shiers napisał(a):

    > I'm running Red Hat 7.3. Is there a utility I can use to defragment the
    > hard drive? If there is, what is the name of it, and where do I find it?

    First of all you probably don't need to defragment anything, but if you
    really have to then the name of this utility is mentioned in the subject
    of this thread.

    regards
    fEnIo

    --
    _ Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40 | IRC:fEnIo
    _|_|_ 32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Polska

  4. Re: defrag

    Ok. I get it. I'm new to Linux so I just assumed it would require regular
    hard drive maintenance as a computer that is running Windows. I wasn't
    aware that Linux formats the hard drive differently and in such a way that
    it didn't require defraging from time to time.

    Alan

  5. Re: defrag

    ROFLOL

    --rp

    "maxo" wrote in message
    newsan.2004.05.01.01.58.48.253991@NOSPAMhome.se...
    > On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 22:06:51 -0300, Alan Shiers wrote:
    >
    > > I'm running Red Hat 7.3. Is there a utility I can use to defragment the
    > > hard drive? If there is, what is the name of it, and where do I find

    it?

    > > Alan

    > OE6 runs on Red Hat? Cool!
    >
    > Trolls should use google before posting. :P

  6. Re: defrag

    Alan Shiers wrote:

    > Ok. I get it. I'm new to Linux so I just assumed it would require regular
    > hard drive maintenance as a computer that is running Windows. I wasn't
    > aware that Linux formats the hard drive differently and in such a way that
    > it didn't require defraging from time to time.
    >
    > Alan

    Actually, Windows (& DOS) is about the only system that need defragging.

    --

    Fundamentalism is fundamentally wrong.

    james.knott.

  7. Re: defrag

    On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 22:06:51 -0300, Alan Shiers wrote:

    > I'm running Red Hat 7.3. Is there a utility I can use to defragment the
    > hard drive? If there is, what is the name of it, and where do I find it?
    >
    > Alan

    No Linux was written by heterosexuals so there is no need for defagging.

  8. Re: defrag

    Freeride wrote:

    > On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 22:06:51 -0300, Alan Shiers wrote:
    >
    >>I'm running Red Hat 7.3. Is there a utility I can use to defragment the
    >>hard drive? If there is, what is the name of it, and where do I find it?
    >>
    >>Alan

    > No Linux was written by heterosexuals so there is no need for defagging.

    do any of them know how to tell a joke?

+ Reply to Thread