No udc-snmp for RedHat 9? Can't install Ethereal - Redhat

This is a discussion on No udc-snmp for RedHat 9? Can't install Ethereal - Redhat ; Attempts to install Ethereal on my RedHat 9 system were fruitless, aparently due to the lack of ucd-snmp functionality on my system. (dependency error ) Looking around on the 'net, I found that that ucd-snmp RPM's stop at RedHat 7.3. ...

  1. No udc-snmp for RedHat 9? Can't install Ethereal

    Attempts to install Ethereal on my RedHat 9 system were fruitless, aparently
    due to the lack of ucd-snmp functionality on my system. (dependency error )

    Looking around on the 'net, I found that that ucd-snmp RPM's stop at RedHat
    7.3. I have found references that ucd-snmp support is within the net-snmp
    package. Bad news there, I already have net-snmp installed.

    Is there any way to install ucd-snmp support on my RH 9 system, so I can
    THEN install Ethereal?

    HELP!!!!! (please)

    Thank you in advance for any assistance
    Chris

  2. Re: No udc-snmp for RedHat 9? Can't install Ethereal

    On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 23:52:41 +0000 Chris wrote:

    > Attempts to install Ethereal on my RedHat 9 system were fruitless, aparently
    > due to the lack of ucd-snmp functionality on my system. (dependency error )
    >
    > Looking around on the 'net, I found that that ucd-snmp RPM's stop at RedHat
    > 7.3. I have found references that ucd-snmp support is within the net-snmp
    > package. Bad news there, I already have net-snmp installed.
    >
    > Is there any way to install ucd-snmp support on my RH 9 system, so I can
    > THEN install Ethereal?
    >
    > HELP!!!!! (please)
    >
    > Thank you in advance for any assistance
    > Chris

    Just because the SNMP has a different name: net-snmp. And that name change
    was not initiated by Redhat but the SNMP software developers themselves.
    And IIRC RH9 itself has a fitting ethereal package. You are trying to
    install a non fitting RPM.

    Alexander

    --
    Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany