Squid Authentication - Redhat

This is a discussion on Squid Authentication - Redhat ; OS : Redhat 9.0 Anyone have any idea how to configure Squid user authentication using Linux system user, on Redhat 9.0 --- Best Regard, JOSEPH P/S : This e-mail message and any attachments are private & confidential and may be ...

  1. Squid Authentication

    OS : Redhat 9.0

    Anyone have any idea how to configure Squid user authentication using Linux
    system user,
    on Redhat 9.0

    ---
    Best Regard,

    JOSEPH

    P/S : This e-mail message and any attachments are private & confidential and
    may be privileged.
    If you are not the intended recipient,please notify me immediately by
    replying to this message and
    please destroy all copies of this message and attachments. Thank you.

  2. Re: Squid Authentication

    Joseph Wong pravi:

    >OS : Redhat 9.0
    >
    >Anyone have any idea how to configure Squid user authentication using Linux
    >system user,
    >on Redhat 9.0
    >
    >---
    >Best Regard,
    >
    > JOSEPH
    >
    >P/S : This e-mail message and any attachments are private & confidential and
    >may be privileged.
    >If you are not the intended recipient,please notify me immediately by
    >replying to this message and
    >please destroy all copies of this message and attachments. Thank you.

    I use webmin to administer my RH8 box. It is very easy so I recomend it
    to you to.
    http://www.webmin.com

  3. Re: Squid Authentication

    Thanks for the advise,

    But I need squid authentication using Linux system user such as from
    '/etc/passwd' or '/etc/shadow' file.

    How should I set the squid.conf file for such authentication

    Authenticate_program /usr/lib/squid/xxxxxx

    "Sasa Stupar" wrote in message
    > Joseph Wong pravi:
    >
    > >OS : Redhat 9.0
    > >
    > >Anyone have any idea how to configure Squid user authentication using

    Linux
    > >system user,
    > >on Redhat 9.0
    > >
    > >---
    > >Best Regard,
    > >
    > > JOSEPH
    > >
    > >P/S : This e-mail message and any attachments are private & confidential

    and
    > >may be privileged.
    > >If you are not the intended recipient,please notify me immediately by
    > >replying to this message and
    > >please destroy all copies of this message and attachments. Thank you.
    > >

    > I use webmin to administer my RH8 box. It is very easy so I recomend it
    > to you to.
    > http://www.webmin.com

+ Reply to Thread