Web Stuff? - Redhat

This is a discussion on Web Stuff? - Redhat ; This is probably off topic but here it goes, I have a cgi-script that refuses to work, if someone would either tell me what I have wrong or point me to a more suitable place I would be most greatfull! ...

  1. Web Stuff?

    This is probably off topic but here it goes, I have a cgi-script that
    refuses to work, if someone would either tell me what I have wrong or
    point me to a more suitable place I would be most greatfull!

    value="$CONTACT">
    value="$CONTACT">
    value="$Service"> type="hidden" name="amount" value="$price">

    TYPE="image" SRC="http://images.paypal.com/images/x-click-but6.gif" NAME="submit"
    ALT="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!" width="150" height="52">

    TIA Brian

  2. Re: Web Stuff?

    On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 11:22:25 +0000, Xterm1 wrote:

    > This is probably off topic but here it goes, I have a cgi-script that
    > refuses to work, if someone would either tell me what I have wrong or
    > point me to a more suitable place I would be most greatfull!

    I use PayPal on several sites and I can see several things that seem to be
    wrong(assuming that the following is a direct copy from the page HTML):

    The above is OK

    The above should be the email address of your paypal account holder
    where you have $CONTACT

    The above should have the address of a script or page on your site
    (e.g. a 'thank you' page, or a script that updates your database)
    where you have $CONTACT

    > value="$CONTACT">

    The above looks to be an incomplete/broken input type declaration

    Again, you have used $CONTACT where you should have a simple text string
    describing the item

    > value="$Service">

    Another incomplete/broken input type declaration

    Should be a number rather than $Service

    Should be a floating point value rather than $price

    > SRC="http://images.paypal.com/images/x-click-but6.gif"
    > NAME="submit" ALT="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free
    > and secure!" width="150" height="52">

    Paypal knows nothing about your local variables and will barf on the above.

    Regards,
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread