LimeWire and Fedora - Redhat

This is a discussion on LimeWire and Fedora - Redhat ; Hi All, I am running Fedora Core 1 and yesterday I installed LimeWire (after I previously I installed Java). I did some tests with limewire, and I downloaded some songs and everything worked fine. Meantime I forgot how did I ...

  1. LimeWire and Fedora

    Hi All,

    I am running Fedora Core 1 and yesterday I installed LimeWire (after I
    previously I installed Java). I did some tests with limewire, and I
    downloaded some songs and everything worked fine.
    Meantime I forgot how did I launch the program (or maybe it start itself
    after the installation)

    Today I tried to start LimeWire again, with all the commands I could think
    of (limewire, LimeWire, Lime-Wire, lime-wire, with and without dots in front
    of them) and none of them work.
    I tried to figure out with the command "rpm -q Lime* " I get messages like:
    package LimeWire is not installed

    How it is possible to have the system reporting the program hasn't been
    installed, after I've been able to run it?

    I finally managed to run the program again by going into LimeWire folder and
    launching ./LimeWire. But I want to add a shortcut to the desktop or better,
    to the main menu (under Internet Applications). Can I do that?

    I noticed that sometimes install packages and programs have different names.
    How should I check if I have this program installed? Is it possible to run
    limewire without actually installing it?

    What is even more curious, is that I tried to search for the application
    using *Lime* and LimeWire in the base directory (/)and it only comes up with
    Bluecurve-Lime. I am logged in as a user. Why doesn't find the folder
    "LimeWire"?

    Regards,
    Nicolae

  2. Re: LimeWire and Fedora

    On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 00:06:57 +1000, Nicolae Fieraru wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am running Fedora Core 1 and yesterday I installed LimeWire (after I
    > previously I installed Java). I did some tests with limewire, and I
    > downloaded some songs and everything worked fine. Meantime I forgot how
    > did I launch the program (or maybe it start itself after the installation)
    >
    > Today I tried to start LimeWire again, with all the commands I could think
    > of (limewire, LimeWire, Lime-Wire, lime-wire, with and without dots in
    > front of them) and none of them work.
    > I tried to figure out with the command "rpm -q Lime* " I get messages
    > like: package LimeWire is not installed
    >
    > How it is possible to have the system reporting the program hasn't been
    > installed, after I've been able to run it?
    >
    > I finally managed to run the program again by going into LimeWire folder
    > and launching ./LimeWire. But I want to add a shortcut to the desktop or
    > better, to the main menu (under Internet Applications). Can I do that?
    >
    > I noticed that sometimes install packages and programs have different
    > names. How should I check if I have this program installed? Is it possible
    > to run limewire without actually installing it?
    >
    > What is even more curious, is that I tried to search for the application
    > using *Lime* and LimeWire in the base directory (/)and it only comes up
    > with Bluecurve-Lime. I am logged in as a user. Why doesn't find the folder
    > "LimeWire"?
    >

    > Regards,
    > Nicolae

    You should have a script in your Home directory named runLimeWire. Set up
    a shortcut with that as the command.

    --
    Rick

+ Reply to Thread