help: no tasks anymore listed on taskbar, RH 9 notebook - Redhat

This is a discussion on help: no tasks anymore listed on taskbar, RH 9 notebook - Redhat ; After suffering from an empty battery, my notebook doesn't list the current tasks anymore on the task bar. Does anybody know how I can get them back? thanks, Flip...

  1. help: no tasks anymore listed on taskbar, RH 9 notebook

    After suffering from an empty battery, my notebook doesn't list the
    current tasks anymore on the task bar.
    Does anybody know how I can get them back?

    thanks,

    Flip

  2. Re: help: no tasks anymore listed on taskbar, RH 9 notebook

    This is for KDE-desktop:
    Can you see the main task-bar ?

    a) Press RIGHT-mouse-button on the task-bar (hit on an empty place).
    b) A small meny should pop up.
    Select 'Add...' or 'Insert...'
    Select 'Applet'
    Select 'Taskbar...' or what ever it's called in Engish version of KDE.

    Select also 'Pager...' applet.

    // moma
    http://www.futuredesktop.org

    flap flop wrote:
    > After suffering from an empty battery, my notebook doesn't list the
    > current tasks anymore on the task bar.
    > Does anybody know how I can get them back?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > Flip

  3. Re: help: no tasks anymore listed on taskbar, RH 9 notebook

    This is for KDE-desktop:
    Can you see the main task-bar ?

    a) Press RIGHT-mouse-button on the task-bar (hit on an empty place).
    b) A small meny should pop up.
    Select 'Add...' or 'Insert...'
    Select 'Applet'
    Select 'Taskbar...' or what ever it's called in Engish version of KDE.

    Select also 'Pager...' applet.

    Is it that simple ?

    // moma

    flap flop wrote:
    > After suffering from an empty battery, my notebook doesn't list the
    > current tasks anymore on the task bar.
    > Does anybody know how I can get them back?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > Flip

  4. Re: help: no tasks anymore listed on taskbar, RH 9 notebook

    This is for KDE-desktop:
    Can you see the main taskbar ?

    a) Press RIGHT-mouse-button on the taskbar (hit on an empty place).
    b) A small menu should pop up.
    Select 'Add...' or 'Insert...'
    Select 'Applet'
    Select 'Taskbar...' or what ever it's called in English version of
    KDE.

    Select also 'Pager...' applet.

    Is it that simple or ?

    // moma
    http://www.futuredesktop.org

    flap flop wrote:
    > After suffering from an empty battery, my notebook doesn't list the
    > current tasks anymore on the task bar.
    > Does anybody know how I can get them back?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > Flip

  5. Re: help: no tasks anymore listed on taskbar, RH 9 notebook

    On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 15:48:37 +0200, moma wrote:

    > This is for KDE-desktop:
    > Can you see the main taskbar ?
    >
    > a) Press RIGHT-mouse-button on the taskbar (hit on an empty place).
    > b) A small menu should pop up.
    > Select 'Add...' or 'Insert...'
    > Select 'Applet'
    > Select 'Taskbar...' or what ever it's called in English version of
    > KDE.

    Well, I use Gnome, but anyway, it was
    Add to Panel | Utility | Windows List
    so thanks a lot!

    > Select also 'Pager...' applet.

    why is that?

    > Is it that simple or ?

    very much indeed so!
    thanks!

    Flip

    > // moma
    > http://www.futuredesktop.org
    >

    > flap flop wrote:
    >> After suffering from an empty battery, my notebook doesn't list the
    >> current tasks anymore on the task bar.
    >> Does anybody know how I can get them back?
    >>
    >> thanks,
    >>
    >> Flip

  6. Re: help: no tasks anymore listed on taskbar, RH 9 notebook

    Re-hello,

    Good you did it.

    KDE and GNOME can have several virtual desktops or workspaces. This
    pager shows a mini-picture of all desktops and their content(forms and
    windows). I normally have 4 virtual desktops and really love it.

    I think GNOME calls it for 'Desk Guide' or GNOME-pager.

    Happy holiday,

    // moma

    flap flop wrote:
    > On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 15:48:37 +0200, moma wrote:
    >

    >>This is for KDE-desktop:
    >>Can you see the main taskbar ?
    >>
    >>a) Press RIGHT-mouse-button on the taskbar (hit on an empty place).
    >>b) A small menu should pop up.
    >> Select 'Add...' or 'Insert...'
    >> Select 'Applet'
    >> Select 'Taskbar...' or what ever it's called in English version of
    >>KDE.

    > Well, I use Gnome, but anyway, it was
    > Add to Panel | Utility | Windows List
    > so thanks a lot!
    >

    >> Select also 'Pager...' applet.

    > why is that?
    >

    >>Is it that simple or ?

    > very much indeed so!
    > thanks!
    >
    > Flip
    >

    >>// moma
    >> http://www.futuredesktop.org
    >>

    >>flap flop wrote:
    >>
    >>>After suffering from an empty battery, my notebook doesn't list the
    >>>current tasks anymore on the task bar.
    >>>Does anybody know how I can get them back?
    >>>
    >>>thanks,
    >>>
    >>>Flip

  7. Re: help: no tasks anymore listed on taskbar, RH 9 notebook

    On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 16:45:08 +0200, moma wrote:

    > Re-hello,
    >
    > Good you did it.
    >
    > KDE and GNOME can have several virtual desktops or workspaces. This
    > pager shows a mini-picture of all desktops and their content(forms and
    > windows). I normally have 4 virtual desktops and really love it.
    >
    > I think GNOME calls it for 'Desk Guide' or GNOME-pager.

    Workplace switcher?
    Well, anyway, I already get stressed-out when more than 4 applications are
    opened at the same time, so I don't need those 'virtual desktops'

    > Happy holiday,

    same to you too, and thanks,

    Flip

    > // moma